OT Dillon Bonnell

You know with over 20 offers, obviously the coaches are seeing something that Rivals or Scout are not. Rated as a 3 Star, not bad at all, just seems that kids with this many offers are usually 4 or 5 stars. Wonder if he will get bumped up this year? Doesn't really matter to me, I feel confident in his ability and I am not a big star gazer per say, just seems a bit odd.

wonder how this visit went

Teaser on scout

Premium Story Bonnell meets Pelini

This week, Dillon Bonnell from Highlands Ranch (Colo.) Thunderridge was able to see Nebraska…twice. The big offensive lineman had some alone time with his family on the campus, getting a chance to really get a feel for the school as a prospective student and again today when he met with the entire offensive staff. What were his thoughts on the visit?

Thought this was the guy that was going to commit this weekend. According to LSHusker, maybe not??

Don't know much about this kid, him and the Moudy kid from DC come from powerhouse HSs here in the Denver Metro area. However these are extreme suburbs, aka urban sprawl. The Centennial league used to be the most competitive league in the state, (Cherry Creek, Mullen, Overland, Grandview, Smokey Hill and the Boulder Schools), but now the south metro schools are starting to dominate.

Thunderidge, Bonnell's school just moved up to 5A last year, and they did exceedingly well lasting far into the playoffs. Previously they won like 3 straight state titles in 4A. Thunderidge along with DC (Moudy's school) are pure running teams and they play each other. Both kids HCs are some of the top of the state, not coincidentally they live in some of the most affluent areas in the Denver Metro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ya know it's cool to hear that someone has "inside info" and this guy or that guy is going to commit but I'm getting a little tired of someone sayin that and get my hopes up only to have them go to another school. I don't think it was anyone on here rather HI but still...can we just leave it at "its looking pretty good" or "we are in good position" instead of "this guy is 100% N"?

Stanford is going to have one helluva 2010 class.

didn't see this one coming, thought he was ours oh well. but stanford is putting together something special. can't really argue with these kids, going to a school on the rise and get a world class education. hard to compete against.