OT Dillon Bonnell

It might be August or September, or sometime after his season starts. So, patience is a virtue. How dare these young men keep us on hold like this?! Still, I think we have a very good shot -- he's visited several times. He must like what he sees/hears or he'd have moved on and never looked back.

Well, so much for THAT theory! Still a long way till Feb, though.

goes to show that what these recruiting services tell you is not certain...Rivals and Scout offer hunches and gut feelings, but even they themselves aren't sure. I remember a Rivals article saying how Bonnell was pretty much a lock for Nebraska, especially after he visited us a second time. guess they were wrong

DILLON BONNELL, OL, 6-4, 285, 5, HIGHLANDS RANCH (THUNDERRIDGE), COLORADO

Dillon Bonnell committed to Stanford. Dillon had several other schools to consider who made offers Syracuse, Tennesse, Nebraska, California, Colorado, Washington and others. Dillion make unofficial visits to Nebraska and California.

Stanford Had Everything

“I thought it (Stanford) was a great school. They offered everything athletically and academically that I was looking for. I thought they (Stanford) were really on the rise and really making great strides and giving every opportunity to their athletes. There is no other school that rivals Stanford academically.” Bonnell said

Stanford’s Professors Sealed The Deal

“I really enjoyed talking with the professors their how they prepare you to do the best academically. I thought that really stood out and just the way coaches are turning everything around and make Stanford again one of the best football programs in the country. I also liked the area kind of reminds me where I’m like now” Bonnell said

“They (Stanford Coaches) were very excited to have me and their class is shaping up to be great and the future at Stanford is looking very bright.” Bonnell said

Promising Things At Stanford

“Stanford has a very broad spectra of players that they are recruiting. Looking at the commits for the 2010 class they are from everywhere. They are really extending the horizon and it will make an impact in the PAC 10 and BCS.” Bonnell said

“I thought their (California) campus was great. When I met with the coaches they are really do great things to better the facilities and make them a power but Stanford was a better fit. I thought the connection with the coaches was better.” Bonnell said

Nebraska Was Amazing

“I really like their (Nebraska) school their football facilities was amazing. I’ve never seen football facilities like that and I just thought Stanford offered just a little bit more.” Bonnell said

“Nebraska has two weight rooms, two places to eat, huge academic facilities but facilities don’t win games it’s what you put into it. They do have great facilities at Stanford and I really feel it’s what you make of it. At Stanford I can do everything possible.” Bonnell added

HuskerJournal Link

Dillon Bonnell committed to Stanford. Dillon had several other schools to consider who made offers Syracuse, Tennesse, Nebraska, California, Colorado, Washington and others. Dillion make unofficial visits to Nebraska and California.

Stanford Had Everything

“I thought it (Stanford) was a great school. They offered everything athletically and academically that I was looking for. I thought they (Stanford) were really on the rise and really making great strides and giving every opportunity to their athletes. There is no other school that rivals Stanford academically.” Bonnell said

“I really enjoyed talking with the professors their how they prepare you to do the best academically. I thought that really stood out and just the way coaches are turning everything around and make Stanford again one of the best football programs in the country. I also liked the area kind of reminds me where I’m like now” Bonnell said

“They (Stanford Coaches) were very excited to have me and their class is shaping up to be great and the future at Stanford is looking very bright.” Bonnell said

“Stanford has a very broad spectra of players that they are recruiting. Looking at the commits for the 2010 class they are from everywhere. They are really extending the horizon and it will make an impact in the PAC 10 and BCS.” Bonnell said

“I thought their (California) campus was great. When I met with the coaches they are really do great things to better the facilities and make them a power but Stanford was a better fit. I thought the connection with the coaches was better.” Bonnell said

Nebraska Was Amazing

“I really like their (Nebraska) school their football facilities was amazing. I’ve never seen football facilities like that and I just thought Stanford offered just a little bit more.” Bonnell said

“Nebraska has two weight rooms, two places to eat, huge academic facilities but facilities don’t win games it’s what you put into it. They do have great facilities at Stanford and I really feel it’s what you make of it. At Stanford I can do everything possible.” Bonnell added

HuskerJournal Link

And Stanford wins games? I mean, I understand if its the academics that sold him, hell, given the choice for academics I'd choose Stanford over NU.. Stanford just has that mystique to it.. John Baylor said the hardest part about Stanford is getting in though.. but still, it just looks impressive...

But the facilities comparison I don't get?

Stanford Had Everything

Nebraska Was Amazing

HuskerJournal Link

And Stanford wins games? I mean, I understand if its the academics that sold him, hell, given the choice for academics I'd choose Stanford over NU.. Stanford just has that mystique to it.. John Baylor said the hardest part about Stanford is getting in though.. but still, it just looks impressive...

Ya, some of the worst grade-inflation is found at prestigious schools. Powerful parents don't drop big $$ so their kid can get C's. But the degrees from these schools do carry more weight.

Stanford Had Everything

Nebraska Was Amazing

HuskerJournal Link

Ya, some of the worst grade-inflation is found at prestigious schools. Powerful parents don't drop big $$ so their kid can get C's. But the degrees from these schools do carry more weight.

I had a prof one time who told a story about a class he taught at a prestigious school like Stanford. This was his first teaching gig as a grad student, and so he was trying to set he tone by being a hardass and giving kids the grades they deserved. Well one day he gets hauled into the department chair's office and told, "These are students at X (can't remember the name of the school). They won't be getting Cs and Ds." After that––wouldn't you know it––the grades began to look a whole lot better by the end of the semester.

It's anecdotal, but grade inflation definitely happens.