Weight: 248 lbs.

40 time: TBD

Visit Date: 9/25

Scholarships: Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas State, Miami, Missouri, Nebraska

Favorites: Nebraska

COMMITTED TO NEBRASKA

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

Interesting that we are looking/offering at TE (especially a JC TE) with the limited scholarships and the depth we have.

Ya, from what I understand we may not even take a TE this class. It surprises me we'd take a JUCO at a posiition we're pretty loaded at. Is this kid a better blocker than the guys we have playing now?

Talent is talent, but in a limited scholly class do we want to use up a scholarship at potentially our deepest position? If the guy's the next Chase Coffman, okay. Otherwise...I trust the staff, but boy I hope he's that good.

Are we interested in him as a DE or WR instead of TE?

He was listed as ATH for 2008, but he apparently played WR senior year in high school. He originally committed to Iowa State, but did not make the grade (or test score I guess) so had to go the JUCO route. With Chism gone, he probably isn't interested in ISU any more. Supposedly Texas was interested (for '08), but may have been turned off by the grades. :dunno

Harper signed with Iowa State out of high school, but failed to qualify.

"It's been good," Harper said about things since then. "They redshirted me. I was hoping to go with Iowa State, but I didn't qualify. I'm still going to get out next year and get three years of Division I."

Harper added his first offer a while back, from Nebraska. While he had let NU tight ends coach Ron Brown know where he ended up out of high school, a recent conversation and a fondness of the Huskers dating back to high school has him thinking a lot about the Big 12 North school.

"I talked to coach Brown today [Tuesday] as a matter of fact," Harper said. "He was just excited to recruit me. They really like me and how I would be a perfect fit in their offense. They explained how they wanted to use me. They plan to motion me around, as a real mobile tight end."

Harper says that Nebraska was a school in high school he was hoping that would offer. So now that it's come, albeit later on, the excitement is definitely there.

Lol suck one mizzou... now we might have a Chase of our own... Silly tigers, thinkin they can win by stockpiling all the Chases in the Big 12. Gotta love a tight end with that size... it's weird, but it seems like ALOT of JUCO guys have really good measureables. Anyway, anybody know anything about this kid? Anyone wanna dig up some stuff on how he was recruited coming outta high school? He signed with ISU outta HS but did he have any big time offers?

Why are we recruiting a JUCO TE? We have 6 good TE's already, and none will graduate this year. What am I missing?

Yeah as much as I would love to see him come here we are stacked at TE. There is a lot of young talent there as well.

Why are we recruiting a JUCO TE? We have 6 good TE's already, and none will graduate this year. What am I missing?

Yeah as much as I would love to see him come here we are stacked at TE. There is a lot of young talent there as well.

Because Chase Harper is a terrific athlete. The type you do not turn away just because.

Because Chase Harper is a terrific athlete. The type you do not turn away just because.

Would he play another position, or do you think he's good enough to get into the lineup at TE next year?

Rivals has done their juco-rankings, Chase Harper is a 5.8 4*.

sounds good to me....

chase haper is sick

hes got the mind of a lunactic

but he aint no geto boy

he just like to beat on defenders like

some cheap chinese toys

word up block down feel

chase running wild over y'all how does it feel

chase come on over to nebraska

"It's been good," Harper said about things since then. "They redshirted me. I was hoping to go with Iowa State, but I didn't qualify. I'm still going to get out next year and get three years of Division I."

Based off of this, I assume he is a 3/3 guy.

Based off of this, I assume he is a 3/3 guy.

Thanks! Good catch, missed that one I guess.

On rivals we are now listed as HIGH interest over everyone else. There's also a teaser about a coming commitment. I'm betting that's him.

that sounds good to me......

Chase was an All-Centex DE/TE and at Pflugerville Connally (North Austin). He is a great blocker and has EXCELLENT hands. He played inline TE, but His senior year he was split out and flexed and killed folks as a massive mismatch. Big time basketball player also as power forward. OU might come after him hard.

If he is indeed a 3/3 guy then I agree completely with taking him. After next year Mcneil and Young will both be gone. Ryan Hill is more of a blocker and not much of a threat in the passing game. That leaves us with Reed and Cotton who are both very good but it appears that Reed is going to be a true H-back in our offense which leaves us with one true tight end in Cotton. Harper could give us two very effective years. Plus maybe they didn't like or didn't feel they had a good chance with any of their targets this year. This will give them a bridge to next year's class.

Didn't commit during visit...but is leaning that way.

May announce later this week. Needs to talk with family about it and think it over.

Said a few other recruits were in the same boat.

Didn't commit during visit...but is leaning that way.

May announce later this week. Needs to talk with family about it and think it over.

Said a few other recruits were in the same boat.

i hope the guys from florida are the recruits in the same boat as him.

I read something on rivals about him possibly announcing soon. Is he still leaning N?

Yeah if I were a betting man I'd say by Friday he announced his intentions to play for Nebraska.

When oh when is he pulling the trigger. This kid is a man child, and i want him in the fold. He reminds me of the OU tight end that blow his knee out Grishium (sp)

That might be a problem, because OU is looking at him but hasn't offered yet.

When oh when is he pulling the trigger. This kid is a man child, and i want him in the fold. He reminds me of the OU tight end that blow his knee out Grishium (sp)

That might be a problem, because OU is looking at him but hasn't offered yet.

hopefull the love we show these guys early will pay off.. seems like in the past we've been on a lot of great guys real early only to lose out to the a$$hole$ of the the world... i think things are changing.....

chase come on over rasta and lets kick it

:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

Someone want to check the article in Red Sea Scrolls for us??

Basically says that he's thinking about pulling the trigger and committing because he's sold on us.. he has a little interest in ISU because he committed there outta HS but that's it.... Someone asked about the OU interest and how that'd play in but no response to that yet.

Junior college tight end Chase Harper (Austin, Texas/Navarro JC) is closing in on a decision. The 6-foot-6, 240-pound tight end has Nebraska and Iowa State on top with Kansas State and Baylor under consideration. Harper visited Nebraska Sept. 25. and the Cornhuskers are considered to have the inside track.

Junior college tight end Chase Harper (Austin, Texas/Navarro JC) is closing in on a decision. The 6-foot-6, 240-pound tight end has Nebraska and Iowa State on top with Kansas State and Baylor under consideration. Harper visited Nebraska Sept. 25. and the Cornhuskers are considered to have the inside track.

i thought he was over Iowa State.... anyways thats okay... wont even go there.... i hope this guy commits to us... he looks like a strong presense and someone who could really benifit the team...

come on braddah chase!!

do you think its taking so long for him to commit because our tight ends are never getting thrown to?

It probably doesn't help, but I hope he sees it as an opportunity to come in and help immediately.

It would not surprize me at all if he doesnt end up at NU.

The longer he waits the more I feel the same way. Hope we can get him here though.

From the information that I have gathered from other boards, it is him waiting on us. Not us waiting on him.

So what if Harper does commit, does that mean that we don't take Mobley or just move him to DE? If we move him to DE that would be three for this class with a chance at OO. With the numbers crunch do we still take Mobley if Harper commits?

Well which ever side is slow playing better step it up. The class is about full and there is no time to wait.

i sure hope we get this kid as he wont wait around forever...... i hope if we dont land this kid the choices we have made on other recruits recently pay off............

lets hook it up for CHASE HARPER