SIGNED TE Chase Harper

Interesting that we are looking/offering at TE (especially a JC TE) with the limited scholarships and the depth we have.

Ya, from what I understand we may not even take a TE this class. It surprises me we'd take a JUCO at a posiition we're pretty loaded at. Is this kid a better blocker than the guys we have playing now?

Are we interested in him as a DE or WR instead of TE?

He was listed as ATH for 2008, but he apparently played WR senior year in high school. He originally committed to Iowa State, but did not make the grade (or test score I guess) so had to go the JUCO route. With Chism gone, he probably isn't interested in ISU any more. Supposedly Texas was interested (for '08), but may have been turned off by the grades. :dunno

Harper signed with Iowa State out of high school, but failed to qualify.

"It's been good," Harper said about things since then. "They redshirted me. I was hoping to go with Iowa State, but I didn't qualify. I'm still going to get out next year and get three years of Division I."

Harper added his first offer a while back, from Nebraska. While he had let NU tight ends coach Ron Brown know where he ended up out of high school, a recent conversation and a fondness of the Huskers dating back to high school has him thinking a lot about the Big 12 North school.

"I talked to coach Brown today [Tuesday] as a matter of fact," Harper said. "He was just excited to recruit me. They really like me and how I would be a perfect fit in their offense. They explained how they wanted to use me. They plan to motion me around, as a real mobile tight end."

Harper says that Nebraska was a school in high school he was hoping that would offer. So now that it's come, albeit later on, the excitement is definitely there.

• 1 month later...

Lol suck one mizzou... now we might have a Chase of our own... Silly tigers, thinkin they can win by stockpiling all the Chases in the Big 12. Gotta love a tight end with that size... it's weird, but it seems like ALOT of JUCO guys have really good measureables. Anyway, anybody know anything about this kid? Anyone wanna dig up some stuff on how he was recruited coming outta high school? He signed with ISU outta HS but did he have any big time offers?

Why are we recruiting a JUCO TE? We have 6 good TE's already, and none will graduate this year. What am I missing?

Yeah as much as I would love to see him come here we are stacked at TE. There is a lot of young talent there as well.

Because Chase Harper is a terrific athlete. The type you do not turn away just because.