SIGNED TE Chase Harper

Why are we recruiting a JUCO TE? We have 6 good TE's already, and none will graduate this year. What am I missing?

Yeah as much as I would love to see him come here we are stacked at TE. There is a lot of young talent there as well.

Because Chase Harper is a terrific athlete. The type you do not turn away just because.

Would he play another position, or do you think he's good enough to get into the lineup at TE next year?

• 2 months later...

Rivals has done their juco-rankings, Chase Harper is a 5.8 4*.

sounds good to me....

chase haper is sick

hes got the mind of a lunactic

but he aint no geto boy

he just like to beat on defenders like

some cheap chinese toys

word up block down feel

chase running wild over y'all how does it feel

chase come on over to nebraska

"It's been good," Harper said about things since then. "They redshirted me. I was hoping to go with Iowa State, but I didn't qualify. I'm still going to get out next year and get three years of Division I."

Based off of this, I assume he is a 3/3 guy.

Thanks! Good catch, missed that one I guess.

Chase was an All-Centex DE/TE and at Pflugerville Connally (North Austin). He is a great blocker and has EXCELLENT hands. He played inline TE, but His senior year he was split out and flexed and killed folks as a massive mismatch. Big time basketball player also as power forward. OU might come after him hard.

If he is indeed a 3/3 guy then I agree completely with taking him. After next year Mcneil and Young will both be gone. Ryan Hill is more of a blocker and not much of a threat in the passing game. That leaves us with Reed and Cotton who are both very good but it appears that Reed is going to be a true H-back in our offense which leaves us with one true tight end in Cotton. Harper could give us two very effective years. Plus maybe they didn't like or didn't feel they had a good chance with any of their targets this year. This will give them a bridge to next year's class.