SIGNED TE Chase Harper

Confirmed with rivals...committed last night!

sooo if we have 16 and maybe headed for 20

who do we like to see fill out the remaining four??

as for this class i think it has some great talent... i'd just like to see us go after top talent early, often, and compete...... we have seen the staff eek out some great kids but we have also heard lots of stories about ineptness too.... hard to say....

but you cant complain about a lot of guys in this class

CC, CR, JG, MM, etc.....

Confirmed with rivals...committed last night!

sooo if we have 16 and maybe headed for 20

who do we like to see fill out the remaining four??

as for this class i think it has some great talent... i'd just like to see us go after top talent early, often, and compete...... we have seen the staff eek out some great kids but we have also heard lots of stories about ineptness too.... hard to say....

but you cant complain about a lot of guys in this class

CC, CR, JG, MM, etc.....

NU's greatest weapon in Recruiting is Game Day visits. Has been for a long time, this is why you won't ever see the NU recruiting classes get rolling until after the season starts. It is the same rhetoric in April-August every year, why can't NU recruit when everyone else (which just so happens to be a few elite schools) has 20 already?

Actually, a third of the Rivals 100 remains uncommitted at this point. Half of the top 10. Remember, these are the guys who want to announce on TV signing day or at one of the all-star games so they'll delay as long as they can and I don;t think that will change no matter how many guys Mack Brown signs early.

Not sure why Harper was waiting, but he's N now.

Actually, a third of the Rivals 100 remains uncommitted at this point. Half of the top 10. Remember, these are the guys who want to announce on TV signing day or at one of the all-star games so they'll delay as long as they can and I don;t think that will change no matter how many guys Mack Brown signs early.

Not sure why Harper was waiting, but he's N now.

Not 100% this is the reason why Harper committed now, but I'm guessing he was waiting to see if Oklahoma would offer him. I read a couple of weeks ago that OU wanted to take another TE and was considering Harper and Austin Haywood. OU offered Haywood and he committed last week. My best guess is that Harper saw that OU was done taking TEs and then decided to go with the next school on his list (NU).

• 1 month later...