SIGNED TE Chase Harper

Well which ever side is slow playing better step it up. The class is about full and there is no time to wait.

i sure hope we get this kid as he wont wait around forever...... i hope if we dont land this kid the choices we have made on other recruits recently pay off............

lets hook it up for CHASE HARPER

FROM SCOUT:

#16 for the 2010 class is and and that's the fifth known commitment since this weekend for Nebraska. This commitment comes from a player that took an official visit earlier in the year. The time was just right for this player to get it over with because of his relationship with his position/recruiting coach and how Nebraska plans to use him on the field.

Nebraska is seeing the last spots of their recruiting class filling up quickly. #16 in the class is Chase Harper, a 6-foot-6 and 245-pound tight end, called Big Red Report immediately after handing up with Coach Bo Pelini and Ron Brown.

"I am really glad to get it done," Harper said. "I wanted to get it over with. I have a great relationship with Coach Ron Brown and I like the way they use the tight end position."

The fit between Nebraska and what Harper brings to the field is obvious. The Nebraska offense can really feature the tight end position and it helps to be consistent as well as be able to go vertical to exploit matchup problems.

"I have had a chance to see Nebraska in person on my official and on T.V. and I think just my ability to catch the ball from the tight end position. I also think that I can go vertical from the tight end position."

Harper isn't sure what his stats are so far this season. However, his efforts are a big reason why Navarro and Offensive Coordinator Coach Cody Crill at Navarro have had so much success this season.

"I don't know what my stats are. But I do know that we are (Navarro) is #1 in the country. We play a big game on Sunday at 3:00."

Harper will graduate from Navarro in May and will have three years to play three years.

Wow. I will eat crow on this one because I really did not at all expect him to end up at NU. Not because he wasnt sold on us, because of the lack of space in this class and coaches wanting other players.

I would conclude from this that we WILL make room for more kids.

He must have just watched the Missouri game where McNiel caught that TD pass because otherwise we have used our FB's more in the passing game than our TE's

:sarcasm

Away from that i find it funny how about a month or two ago everyone was freaking out about this class. I was a little, but knew that we only had around 16 scholorships to give out and they would slowly come with time. I just wish we get hill and cooper from here on out because we really dont have alot of slots left. Maybe Cotton grey shirts and we lose one or two guys that committed awhile back, but hopefully the studs hurry up and commit!!