SIGNED TE Chase Harper

So he'll never be a Husker?

We are going to have to re-recruit him if we still want him.

I suppose that's a bit of a big if at this point. Being a 2 for 2 guy is much less attractive than 3 for 3. He'll have a whole year less to learn the system and grow comfortable in it.

Chase does have some things working in his favor, though. Both McNeil and Young graduate this year, so he's got a fair shot to come in and start right away next year. And he is apparently a freakish athlete, from what I've gathered. We could definitely use any of those on the open market. We have to make up for not getting Jason Pierre-Paul a couple years ago in the "freak" department. And lastly, Chase is said to excel at not only getting open and catching the ball, but blocking. That would definitely get him on Ron Brown's good side.

assuming that he can be here for spring ball, and he didn't tick off the coaches too bad, i bet we'll still take him. a guy with his skills that has a spring and summer to get ready is worth taking, even for two years.

of course, inability to pass some juco classes shows some serious question marks about either his motivation or his ability to cut it academically. if it is the former, the coaches might wash their hands of him.

• 1 month later...

assuming that he can be here for spring ball, and he didn't tick off the coaches too bad, i bet we'll still take him. a guy with his skills that has a spring and summer to get ready is worth taking, even for two years.

of course, inability to pass some juco classes shows some serious question marks about either his motivation or his ability to cut it academically. if it is the former, the coaches might wash their hands of him.

Rivals now has a teaser on Harper saying "Harper still a possibility?" anyone know anything about it?

• 2 months later...

Rivals now has a teaser on Harper saying "Harper still a possibility?" anyone know anything about it?

anybody have an update on Harper
  • 1 month later...