SIGNED RB Aaron Green

IMO Aaron Green is ONE main reason we are only going to take a RB in this class if he is one of the best. That way we can tell him that we didn't even take a running back last class and your bro is on the team as well. I find myself getting anxious about this guy, but I also thought that we would have a great shot with Chris Whaley and he jumped on Texas' ship as soon as they offered.

IMO Aaron Green is ONE main reason we are only going to take a RB in this class if he is one of the best. That way we can tell him that we didn't even take a running back last class and your bro is on the team as well. I find myself getting anxious about this guy, but I also thought that we would have a great shot with Chris Whaley and he jumped on Texas' ship as soon as they offered.

Am I missing something here, is this the same Aaron Green who is the younger brother of NU DB recruit Andrew Green? If so, isn't he a 2011 prospect?

We have a good shot here. One thing I think we need to do is succeed where we failed with Dillard's little brother. We were in good on Lynn til OU wiped the floor with us. Major schools are going to be after Aaron, we have to show we can go toe-to-toe with the major schools on our sched in OU and VT, winning the other games would help too of-course.

Aaron seems like a good kid, and an heck of a talent, I like our chances here as long as we can keep making advances on the field.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a good shot here. One thing I think we need to do is succeed where we failed with Dillard's little brother. We were in good on Lynn til OU wiped the floor with us. Major schools are going to be after Aaron, we have to show we can go toe-to-toe with the major schools on our sched in OU and VT, winning the other games would help too of-course.

Aaron seems like a good kid, and an heck of a talent, I like our chances here as long as we can keep making advances on the field.

These are totally different situations. Gabe Lynn never seemed to show that playing with his brother was a big deal to him, and always seemed very distant and emotionless towards the whole thing. Green however, has stated that where his brother is going is a huge deal to him, and he's talked about how much he enjoys our coaching staff, etc. etc.

IMO its looking very good that we land Green. We have his brother already signed and we might not even take a running back this year. Helu and Castille will both be gone when he gets on campus and, this might just be me, but I think by that time Burkhead will be our number 1 with the number two wide open for Green to take. I can't help but imagine having, Cody Green, Kyler Reed, Ben Cotton, Antonio Bell, Khiry Cooper, Marcus Mendoza, Rex Burkhead, and Aaron Green for skill positions. That would be the most talent, ON PAPER, that we've had in a long time.

I dont remember his name but baylor recently talked a player that was comitted to texas into switching to baylor. if they can do that then we can certainly get green out of texas.......

Ahmad Dixon.

Right now I'm feeling pretty good about our chances with Aaron. Hopefully Andrew will have a good Summer and Fall and give us a leg up on the competition.

And if Chris Whaley starts showing signs of being the next Ricky Williams maybe Texas will have a disadvantage going in.

I dont remember his name but baylor recently talked a player that was comitted to texas into switching to baylor. if they can do that then we can certainly get green out of texas.......

Ahmad Dixon.

Right now I'm feeling pretty good about our chances with Aaron. Hopefully Andrew will have a good Summer and Fall and give us a leg up on the competition.

And if Chris Whaley starts showing signs of being the next Ricky Williams maybe Texas will have a disadvantage going in.

Green is in the 2011 class, he is just a sophomore. He is a great hurdler. He is fast, and plays in a ground oriented spread and I-formation. He isn't playing the DFW powers, but he is in a tough district. Dixon lives near Waco, so that was good choice. Whaley played 3A schools and could not get his team to the playoffs.