SIGNED RB Aaron Green

I dont remember his name but baylor recently talked a player that was comitted to texas into switching to baylor. if they can do that then we can certainly get green out of texas.......

Ahmad Dixon.

Right now I'm feeling pretty good about our chances with Aaron. Hopefully Andrew will have a good Summer and Fall and give us a leg up on the competition.

And if Chris Whaley starts showing signs of being the next Ricky Williams maybe Texas will have a disadvantage going in.

Green is in the 2011 class, he is just a sophomore. He is a great hurdler. He is fast, and plays in a ground oriented spread and I-formation. He isn't playing the DFW powers, but he is in a tough district. Dixon lives near Waco, so that was good choice. Whaley played 3A schools and could not get his team to the playoffs.

I may be behind... but he had the 9 TD game last year right?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes he did. He came up to help his brother finally move in....

Green on coaches:

"I know coach Brown because he was the one who recruited my brother," Green said. "He was just joking around and trying to tackle me. Coach Sanders, he and him were chasing me around trying to tackle me and stuff. They were just playing around. Usually that's not what you see in coaches, but that's just them being themselves and having fun. I like that."

It sounds to me like he will be extremely hard to recruit. He likes the idea of playing with his brother but it's not a necessity. He might head to OU and USC to check them out this summer. I wouldn't count him as 'N' by all means.

Green on coaches:

"I know coach Brown because he was the one who recruited my brother," Green said. "He was just joking around and trying to tackle me. Coach Sanders, he and him were chasing me around trying to tackle me and stuff. They were just playing around. Usually that's not what you see in coaches, but that's just them being themselves and having fun. I like that."

It sounds to me like he will be extremely hard to recruit. He likes the idea of playing with his brother but it's not a necessity. He might head to OU and USC to check them out this summer. I wouldn't count him as 'N' by all means.

From what you reported, it does not sound like he will be extremely hard to recruit at all. One of the main factors in a kid commiting is the relationship they have with the coaches.

he is very close to his brother

he has a strong Christian faith( who better to recruit him then Coach Brown)

he has seen game day atmosphere in Lincoln.

You are right though, its way to early to count him N.

Green on coaches:

From what you reported, it does not sound like he will be extremely hard to recruit at all. One of the main factors in a kid commiting is the relationship they have with the coaches.

You're correct on your 3 points but he's already said he doesn't have to play with his brother. I only reported 1 quote from an entire article (b/c you can't post premium articles on this message board). Thinking that you'd be shocked if he doesn't end up N (not you Huskers Forever) just says you are looking at this situation through rose colored glasses. Anytime Texas (his home school), OU (Adrian Peterson), and USC (Reggie Bush) come calling, we have an uphill battle. Family ties are very important and the faith based system installed at Nebraska gives us an edge but in the end kids want to win championships and play in the NFL. By all means he can do both of those at Nebraska but for a 16/17 year old, it probably seems easier at the aforementioned schools.

All in all, I don't want to get in to a debate about this b/c it's WAY too early to do so. I personally would cut off a hand to watch this kid play ball at Nebraska, I just don't want to be disappointed by thinking he's going to when it's his junior year still.

Green on coaches:

You're correct on your 3 points but he's already said he doesn't have to play with his brother. I only reported 1 quote from an entire article (b/c you can't post premium articles on this message board). Thinking that you'd be shocked if he doesn't end up N (not you Huskers Forever) just says you are looking at this situation through rose colored glasses. Anytime Texas (his home school), OU (Adrian Peterson), and USC (Reggie Bush) come calling, we have an uphill battle. Family ties are very important and the faith based system installed at Nebraska gives us an edge but in the end kids want to win championships and play in the NFL. By all means he can do both of those at Nebraska but for a 16/17 year old, it probably seems easier at the aforementioned schools.

All in all, I don't want to get in to a debate about this b/c it's WAY too early to do so. I personally would cut off a hand to watch this kid play ball at Nebraska, I just don't want to be disappointed by thinking he's going to when it's his junior year still.

Having his brother is a huge help but do any of you guys know if that makes it easier to recruit, in other words if he comes to visit his brother during a dead period is it reasonable to think the staff can talk to him since he has a brother on the team? Anyone know how that works?

Having his brother is a huge help but do any of you guys know if that makes it easier to recruit, in other words if he comes to visit his brother during a dead period is it reasonable to think the staff can talk to him since he has a brother on the team? Anyone know how that works?

The coaches are not allowed any contact with him during a dead period. That means even if he is on campus during a dead period. But the good news is if Aaron is on campus visiting his brother, used his own money to get up here, and its not a dead period then yeah the coaches can talk to him all they want. Since they are pretty close brothers, as most have said, there is a pretty good chance he will come to see him as much as he can. I would say that is a really good thing for Nebraska. To really seal the deal I think we need to keep winning and show we are headed in the right direction.

Since they are pretty close brothers, as most have said, there is a pretty good chance he will come to see him as much as he can. I would say that is a really good thing for Nebraska. To really seal the deal I think we need to keep winning and show we are headed in the right direction.

Key might be his brother's experiences this fall and the next year. Many a recruiting expert had Bryce Brown following his brother to Miami, but that didn't happen.

Well said Pete. Nebraska just needs to focus on winning and the rest will sort itself out. I totally agree though that Andrew's experiences here will be some pretty big factors in what Aaron decides to do. I have to say that I would love to see 3 Greens wearing that N.

• 2 weeks later...

Since they are pretty close brothers, as most have said, there is a pretty good chance he will come to see him as much as he can. I would say that is a really good thing for Nebraska. To really seal the deal I think we need to keep winning and show we are headed in the right direction.

Key might be his brother's experiences this fall and the next year. Many a recruiting expert had Bryce Brown following his brother to Miami, but that didn't happen.

True but that was primarily due to the fact that at the time Bryce was getting ready to sign, his brother wasn't sure he was even staying at Miami himself.