SIGNED RB Aaron Green

yeah you're correct other schools are playing catch up to Bo and company but it is still an uphill battle. when was the last time we got a top 5 RB that every one else wanted??? you better not say Lucky b/c USC didn't want him. Until we consistently pull in 5 stars, every time we go after one it will be an uphill battle....even if his older brother plays at Nebraska.

1. Nebraska has never, ever, consistently pulled in five star rated prospects.

I think, and I could be wrong here, but one could probably count the number of :star:star:star:star:star rated prospects who have signed with Nebraska on one hand.

We've had two recently: Marlon Lucky and Baker Steinkuhler, other than those two guys I can't remember the last 5 :star kid we had.

As a note: QB Cody Green was a 5 :star on scout.com, then he committed to Nebraska and was subsequently lowered to a 4 :star. (CG was a 4 :star on rivals.com all-along.)

2. Do you honestly think that in every single case a 5 :star is automatically better than a 4 :star or lower rated kid?

3. Do you think Bo cares about such things?

Don't get me wrong, "stars" do matter to a certain degree but they only tell about 1/4th of the story of how "talented" a football team is.

In other words, you could give the previous incompetent Nebraska coaching staff control over teams like: USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida, etc and even with maintaining those 4 and 5 :star rated classes over a period of three years those teams would be 6-6 at best.

If you want a pertinent case study on how poor or mediocre coaching can make even the best "on-paper" talent look bad, review Charlie Weiss and Notre Dame the past three ?four? years.

I have to be honest, having watched film on this kid I can't help but think that he really could be one of our all time great players if he comes here. His ability just jumps out at you. I usually scoff when people say this guy is going to be better than Tommie or that guy will be better than Rozier. However, I can't help but think this kid is destined for greatness no matter where he ends up playing. I just hope it's here!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not sure where else to put this but this seems like the only 2011 recruiting thread. It appears that we are also in pretty good with Christian Westerman a 6'5 280 lb OT from Arizona. He already has offers from both in state schools and USC. He also came to our summer camp and the article on HI is titled "Drawn to NU". Green, Moore, and Westerman would be a damn good base for next years class.

I'm not sure where else to put this but this seems like the only 2011 recruiting thread. It appears that we are also in pretty good with Christian Westerman a 6'5 280 lb OT from Arizona. He already has offers from both in state schools and USC. He also came to our summer camp and the article on HI is titled "Drawn to NU". Green, Moore, and Westerman would be a damn good base for next years class.

Wasnt aware of that. Thanks

Your right. We put a polished product on the field this season and 2011 could be huge.

Just read the article about him and sounds like he might be one of the top o linemen recruits in the country.

It would be huge to get him.

It looks to me like he is looking to visit. Reading between the lines unless im missing something, if he likes what he sees he may pull the trigger unless hes blowing sunshine to others too..

Just read the article about him and sounds like he might be one of the top o linemen recruits in the country.

It looks to me like he is looking to visit. Reading between the lines unless im missing something, if he likes what he sees he may pull the trigger unless hes blowing sunshine to others too..

I think the bigger question is, if we have the chance to get some top flight o-lineman in 2011 do we take as many this year?

I think the bigger question is, if we have the chance to get some top flight o-lineman in 2011 do we take as many this year?

To paraphrase the Chinese proverb we better take who we can this year and not worry what might happen next year. But there are a limited of number of spots on this class any how.

IMO OL is the most important position on any team and I think we have to take at least 3-4 every class regardless of need. Depth is important at any position but to me it's most important for the OL. You just never know what can happen as far as injuries, guys not stepping up etc. It's not like WR or DB or something like that where you can just switch a guy around he already needs to be physically ready to play. We need at least 10 guys ready to play at any given time.

There is a new AMP video of Aaron Green on rivals, you don't have to be a member to watch it. He just talks about how we obviously have an edge bc he is familiar with Lincoln since Andrew came here and that Andrew just felt like it was the place for him. He also said that the biggest threats to NU are USC and OU. He also mentioned that if UT offers he will have to look at them bc they are in his back yard. He said that he thinks Lincoln is dead around campus if footballs not going on but also said that that could be a good thing so he can concentrate on his school work. Said he wants to wait a while to make his decision to see where God is telling him to go.

There is a new AMP video of Aaron Green on rivals, you don't have to be a member to watch it. He just talks about how we obviously have an edge bc he is familiar with Lincoln since Andrew came here and that Andrew just felt like it was the place for him. He also said that the biggest threats to NU are USC and OU. He also mentioned that if UT offers he will have to look at them bc they are in his back yard. He said that he thinks Lincoln is dead around campus if footballs not going on but also said that that could be a good thing so he can concentrate on his school work. Said he wants to wait a while to make his decision to see where God is telling him to go.

link

everyone should check this out