SIGNED RB Aaron Green

FWIW, when reading Rivals or Scout articles, be cognizant of the source you're reading it from. Journalist biases can sometimes be spotted in the line of questioning in some of those articles. A recruit is going to say all the right things about a school he just visited out of respect, whether its genuine or not. Especially a blue chip athlete like Aaron Green who will be bombarded for the next year with these types of interviews. Don't read too much into them and just hope for the best. Personally I'm not too worried about it. I think Coach Beck and Coach Brown will do a wonderful job recruiting Aaron. Let the chips fall where they may.

• Fire 1

It looks like Mac Brown and Co. offered Green this past weekend. Say what you will but I think it's going to be damn tough luring Green out of the state of Texas. Especially after UT just offered him.

He wont commit to Texas early. If that becomes true and he does I will eat all the crow possible. We have a good to great chance with this one. We are a huge player with this kid.

• Fire 1

It looks like Mac Brown and Co. offered Green this past weekend. Say what you will but I think it's going to be damn tough luring Green out of the state of Texas. Especially after UT just offered him.

He wont commit to Texas early. If that becomes true and he does I will eat all the crow possible. We have a good to great chance with this one. We are a huge player with this kid.

Well, you seem to know your stuff with recruiting. I hope you're right.

Have you guys noticed how USC promised they were going to use him like they used Reggie Bush, Texas is telling him they want him to be their "Reggie Bush" like bigshot... NU offers him a chance to compete.

I love that BO doesn't promise fame, fortune, NFL, or starting positions. He offers a chance to compete, that's it. A lot of these other schools (Texas, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, etc.) promise their recruits stardom. They promise them perks, tell them they need them to come in, be a star, and start, and try to get the kids to fantasize being another Reggie Bush, Ricky Williams, or Adrian Peterson. I don't think there is anything wrong with these other school's methods. If NU were to practice these same recruiting tactics we would be up there with these schools in #'s of 4-5star players... (Callahan did it and had the #3 class in the country one year...and a lack of coaching on his part got us a 5-7 record with those "star" recruits) but I love that Bo doesn't do that. His honesty, integrity in his recruiting tactics makes him a man of his word. It builds team unity, competition, passion, and commitment. Rather than these kids coming to NU as a stepping stone to the NFL, these kids come to NU to play for NU and coach BO and then the NFL just happens. As a result you have high character kids who know how to work hard and it pays off. I'd rather NU take 3star players and a few 4star players every year if those kids are coming to play for NU and Coach Bo than us take 4star and 5star players who are coming for national television exposure, the NFL scouts, and stardom. I'm not saying that a kids' stars by their name dictates their character, but I am saying that often times kids with big offers get big heads and choose to become T.O. like superstars rather than men of Character, work ethic, and Integrity.

If Texas would like to promise Aaron Green a chance to come in and be a Reggie Bush for them... that's fine. And if Aaron Green chooses to go to Texas for that reason, that's fine too. But if another running back wants to come to NU for a chance to compete, work hard, develop, and possibly with a lot of hard work win a starting spot... I would take that kid first any day and I believe Bo would too. That's what Nebraska football is all about. That's how champions are made.

+1

• Fire 1

Have you guys noticed how USC promised they were going to use him like they used Reggie Bush, Texas is telling him they want him to be their "Reggie Bush" like bigshot... NU offers him a chance to compete.

I love that BO doesn't promise fame, fortune, NFL, or starting positions. He offers a chance to compete, that's it. A lot of these other schools (Texas, USC, Florida, Notre Dame, etc.) promise their recruits stardom. They promise them perks, tell them they need them to come in, be a star, and start, and try to get the kids to fantasize being another Reggie Bush, Ricky Williams, or Adrian Peterson. I don't think there is anything wrong with these other school's methods. If NU were to practice these same recruiting tactics we would be up there with these schools in #'s of 4-5star players... (Callahan did it and had the #3 class in the country one year...and a lack of coaching on his part got us a 5-7 record with those "star" recruits) but I love that Bo doesn't do that. His honesty, integrity in his recruiting tactics makes him a man of his word. It builds team unity, competition, passion, and commitment. Rather than these kids coming to NU as a stepping stone to the NFL, these kids come to NU to play for NU and coach BO and then the NFL just happens. As a result you have high character kids who know how to work hard and it pays off. I'd rather NU take 3star players and a few 4star players every year if those kids are coming to play for NU and Coach Bo than us take 4star and 5star players who are coming for national television exposure, the NFL scouts, and stardom. I'm not saying that a kids' stars by their name dictates their character, but I am saying that often times kids with big offers get big heads and choose to become T.O. like superstars rather than men of Character, work ethic, and Integrity.

If Texas would like to promise Aaron Green a chance to come in and be a Reggie Bush for them... that's fine. And if Aaron Green chooses to go to Texas for that reason, that's fine too. But if another running back wants to come to NU for a chance to compete, work hard, develop, and possibly with a lot of hard work win a starting spot... I would take that kid first any day and I believe Bo would too. That's what Nebraska football is all about. That's how champions are made.

+1

agreed +1

• Fire 1

+1

agreed +1

i agree that i desagree about my disagree :blink:

+1

agreed +1

i agree that i desagree about my disagree :blink:

I agree with him.

Lane and Big Ed are going to be lost on how to seriously handle a recruits family that will see through their BS.

Carroll would have made this a great recruiting battle as USC was Aaron's childhood favorite. But with Lane now at the helm, I really don't even worry about USC when it comes to Aaron now.

• Fire 1

+1

agreed +1

wow sorry for posting such a demeaning, negative post to deserve negative rep points... :facepalm: