SIGNED RB Aaron Green

Free Article on Scout discussing the top Texas RBs

The blurb on Aaron:

Aaron Green, a 5-foot-9, 175-pounder from SA Madison High is a complete back. With the exception of his size, Green is everything you look for in an elite back. He has excellent acceleration, maintains good top end speed, has the ability to shift gears and change direction at the drop of a dime. And because of his low center of gravity he has phenomenal balance. He has struggled with some recent injuries and had a better sophomore season than he did as a junior, but he is one of the most highly sought after recruits in the country regardless of position.

Sims is all but a Sooner. Texas told him last weekend that he will not be getting an offer. So he isnt going to their junior day. With them saying that they have to like their chances with Malcolm Brown. Aaron is very hard to read at this point. It is an uphill battle for Texas with Aaron at this point IMO, but we also have our work cut out for us.

Sims is all but a Sooner. Texas told him last weekend that he will not be getting an offer. So he isnt going to their junior day. With them saying that they have to like their chances with Malcolm Brown. Aaron is very hard to read at this point. It is an uphill battle for Texas with Aaron at this point IMO, but we also have our work cut out for us.

Wow. I was wondering how Texas would handle recruiting multiple elite backs in the same year. So they are just not offering to him. That changes everything. I would think NU would be his top choice right now. I am glad Bo is only offering him a chance to compete with no promises of stardom and an NFL future. I have a good feeling about Green, but I also feel he will not commit anywhere soon. I sense a national signing day decision on ESPNU... lol.

Wow. I was wondering how Texas would handle recruiting multiple elite backs in the same year. So they are just not offering to him. That changes everything. I would think NU would be his top choice right now. I am glad Bo is only offering him a chance to compete with no promises of stardom and an NFL future. I have a good feeling about Green, but I also feel he will not commit anywhere soon. I sense a national signing day decision on ESPNU... lol.

Noooooooo!! Not again! If that happens, this thread will destroy the famous OWAtch 2010.

Noooooooo!! Not again! If that happens, this thread will destroy the famous OWAtch 2010.

Yes, it will. This guy is that good. Imagine having Rex Burkhead as a senior, Braylon Heard has a junior, and Aaron Green as a sophomore. What an awesome back field! You can sub in any guy and gain yards in many different ways. With a revamped O-Line, we might just want to run the ball 50 times a game. Lol. And as soon as the defensive creeps up, PLAY ACTION!!! I cannot wait until Husker football...

more than likely NSD commit...

i can see it going either way...... i think the kid might make up his mind early (relatively) in the process but keep us guessing until NSD..... just based that the kid seems to know what he wants..... but if it does come down to NSD... i fear my heart might not being able to withstand the stress........

yeah you're correct other schools are playing catch up to Bo and company but it is still an uphill battle. when was the last time we got a top 5 RB that every one else wanted??? you better not say Lucky b/c USC didn't want him. Until we consistently pull in 5 stars, every time we go after one it will be an uphill battle....even if his older brother plays at Nebraska.

1. Nebraska has never, ever, consistently pulled in five star rated prospects.

I think, and I could be wrong here, but one could probably count the number of :star:star:star:star:star rated prospects who have signed with Nebraska on one hand.

We've had two recently: Marlon Lucky and Baker Steinkuhler, other than those two guys I can't remember the last 5 :star kid we had.

As a note: QB Cody Green was a 5 :star on scout.com, then he committed to Nebraska and was subsequently lowered to a 4 :star. (CG was a 4 :star on rivals.com all-along.)

2. Do you honestly think that in every single case a 5 :star is automatically better than a 4 :star or lower rated kid?

3. Do you think Bo cares about such things?

Don't get me wrong, "stars" do matter to a certain degree but they only tell about 1/4th of the story of how "talented" a football team is.

In other words, you could give the previous incompetent Nebraska coaching staff control over teams like: USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida, etc and even with maintaining those 4 and 5 :star rated classes over a period of three years those teams would be 6-6 at best.

If you want a pertinent case study on how poor or mediocre coaching can make even the best "on-paper" talent look bad, review Charlie Weiss and Notre Dame the past three ?four? years.

Holy cr*p!!!!! It's HuskerJen...where the heck have you been?!?!?!?!?

By the way, I've easily posted more than 20 times about how I could give a rats a** about stars. I've also posted a million times that I'd take Bo and companies opinion on recruits a h*ll of a lot more than mine, yours, or rivals/scout. I did say (back in January) that it is an uphill battle when we are going after the best (5 star) kids in the country and said nothing about a 5 star kid being better than a 4 star kid.

Just making sure you got my point and that you are not confusing my post about an uphill battle between Neb, USC, Florida, Texas, etc. with a number of stars battle....the last thing I wanted was to start another star discussion....we've had enough of those.

Glad your back!!! It's been too long and I always enjoy your posts!

yeah you're correct other schools are playing catch up to Bo and company but it is still an uphill battle. when was the last time we got a top 5 RB that every one else wanted??? you better not say Lucky b/c USC didn't want him. Until we consistently pull in 5 stars, every time we go after one it will be an uphill battle....even if his older brother plays at Nebraska.

I think, and I could be wrong here, but one could probably count the number of :star:star:star:star:star rated prospects who have signed with Nebraska on one hand.

We've had two recently: Marlon Lucky and Baker Steinkuhler, other than those two guys I can't remember the last 5 :star kid we had.

As a note: QB Cody Green was a 5 :star on scout.com, then he committed to Nebraska and was subsequently lowered to a 4 :star. (CG was a 4 :star on rivals.com all-along.)

2. Do you honestly think that in every single case a 5 :star is automatically better than a 4 :star or lower rated kid?

Don't get me wrong, "stars" do matter to a certain degree but they only tell about 1/4th of the story of how "talented" a football team is.

In other words, you could give the previous incompetent Nebraska coaching staff control over teams like: USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida, etc and even with maintaining those 4 and 5 :star rated classes over a period of three years those teams would be 6-6 at best.

If you want a pertinent case study on how poor or mediocre coaching can make even the best "on-paper" talent look bad, review Charlie Weiss and Notre Dame the past three ?four? years.

By the way, I've easily posted more than 20 times about how I could give a rats a** about stars. I've also posted a million times that I'd take Bo and companies opinion on recruits a h*ll of a lot more than mine, yours, or rivals/scout. I did say (back in January) that it is an uphill battle when we are going after the best (5 star) kids in the country and said nothing about a 5 star kid being better than a 4 star kid.

Just making sure you got my point and that you are not confusing my post about an uphill battle between Neb, USC, Florida, Texas, etc. with a number of stars battle....the last thing I wanted was to start another star discussion....we've had enough of those.

Timestamp, man! :lol: It's ok, gives me a double take a lot too because some of these "next recruiting cycle" guys get a lot of attention in their threads early on, then a lull as the current cycle's NSD nears, then we start talking about them again.

HuskerJen's been gone for a while (I don't remember when) and I don't think he'll be back under that screenname at least.

Timestamp, man! :lol: It's ok, gives me a double take a lot too because some of these "next recruiting cycle" guys get a lot of attention in their threads early on, then a lull as the current cycle's NSD nears, then we start talking about them again.

HuskerJen's been gone for a while (I don't remember when) and I don't think he'll be back under that screenname at least.

he's a she.

• Fire 1

he's a she.

That's just silly talk...women don't use the internet :sarcasm

Are you sure? :laughpound

huskerjen if you ARE back and if you ARE considering changing teams let me know!!!

chee heee

huskerjen if you ARE back and if you ARE considering changing teams let me know!!!

chee heee

Dawg!