SIGNED RB Aaron Green

I have figured ever since Texas started putting more attention on Brown recently over Green that Green was a sure Husker. He's got his brother and as of right now not a heck of a lot of competition for running back when he gets here. Burkhead and Robinson will obviously have the one up on him, but he could easily see significant PT within a year of being here. And once Burkhead leaves, I could easily see him being the number one back.

Interesting stuff from Orangebloods

Maybe this will help some people keep the faith.

obviously can't vouch for the credibility of the poster, but this was an interesting quote:

"If Aaron were to chose which school to attend, right now he would chose Nebraska, this comes from a very very good source"

That particular poster is the biggest Texas homer. To be honest, he would not say that unless he means it. I have read his stuff in the past and in June he was adament that Green was a Longhorn, which he has obviously now changed his tune.

I don't expect you to name drop or anything, but how do you know that they haven't contact him since May? What's the relationship there? I by all means don't think that NU isn't probably the favorite at this point and has been the favorite since the beginning. With that said Texas usually doesn't lose very many players that they want with the exception to OU. I just fear that he'll eventually want to stay close to home.

I have talked to people individually about who I know, but I would never put them in such comprimising positions as to state their names publically. I will say that I did get to see a piece written awhile ago by a very respected rivals author saying that Aaron has not heard from Texas in a long time and that all the while they were not contacting him they were contacting Malcolm.

Im sorry but I found this quote pretty funny

All Green needs to do is recruit Texas a little and this can happen and we hear he’s doing just that. And Texas is listening now that Brown has been secured.

that's right all that has to happen is for the highly touted football star to recuit a school that from most accounts has quit paying atention to him, instead of the other way around.

I don't expect you to name drop or anything, but how do you know that they haven't contact him since May? What's the relationship there? I by all means don't think that NU isn't probably the favorite at this point and has been the favorite since the beginning. With that said Texas usually doesn't lose very many players that they want with the exception to OU. I just fear that he'll eventually want to stay close to home.

I have talked to people individually about who I know, but I would never put them in such comprimising positions as to state their names publically. I will say that I did get to see a piece written awhile ago by a very respected rivals author saying that Aaron has not heard from Texas in a long time and that all the while they were not contacting him they were contacting Malcolm.

You got to see a piece by a respected rivals "author" (i'd use that term very losely). Is that the same piece that every one of us also go to see? The one where he just said he hadn't heard from Texas in a while...and that was what, 6-8 weeks ago? If there's anything we've learned it's that things can swing in days...if you are basing so much of your opinion on something that happened 6-8 weeks ago then I'm not going to put much stock in it.

Interesting stuff from Orangebloods

Maybe this will help some people keep the faith.

obviously can't vouch for the credibility of the poster, but this was an interesting quote:

"If Aaron were to chose which school to attend, right now he would chose Nebraska, this comes from a very very good source"

That particular poster is the biggest Texas homer. To be honest, he would not say that unless he means it. I have read his stuff in the past and in June he was adament that Green was a Longhorn, which he has obviously now changed his tune.

Yep, on another thread he says, "I'm willing to bet I'm more in tune with the Green situation than Nebraska fans are. I'm a alumni and booster for SA Madison."

I might have skimmed over this, but what are the side by side comparable stats for Green and Brown after the game? From the analysis I've read it sounds like Green is super shifty and can really explode in space. I think a poster on Orangebloods said OU's Murray before he got injured, which is cool. I say Reggie Bush, only not a program killer.

I might have skimmed over this, but what are the side by side comparable stats for Green and Brown after the game? From the analysis I've read it sounds like Green is super shifty and can really explode in space. I think a poster on Orangebloods said OU's Murray before he got injured, which is cool. I say Reggie Bush, only not a program killer.

I decided to not be lazy and just ask questions even though you all are very good about answering questions.

Aaron Green: 170 yards 3 Rush TDs

Malcolm Brown: 184 yards 1 Rush TD 1 Rec TD

I couldn't find receiving stats besides that MB touchdown.

You got to see a piece by a respected rivals "author" (i'd use that term very losely). Is that the same piece that every one of us also go to see?

Nope. Sorry, should have said reporter.

The one where he just said he hadn't heard from Texas in a while...and that was what, 6-8 weeks ago?

Nope.

If there's anything we've learned it's that things can swing in days...

I agree with you.

if you are basing so much of your opinion on something that happened 6-8 weeks ago then I'm not going to put much stock in it.

My prediction is based on a lot more than that. A few people that I have spoken to individually know why I stand where I do on this one.