SIGNED RB Aaron Green

I might have skimmed over this, but what are the side by side comparable stats for Green and Brown after the game? From the analysis I've read it sounds like Green is super shifty and can really explode in space. I think a poster on Orangebloods said OU's Murray before he got injured, which is cool. I say Reggie Bush, only not a program killer.

I decided to not be lazy and just ask questions even though you all are very good about answering questions.

Aaron Green: 170 yards 3 Rush TDs

Malcolm Brown: 184 yards 1 Rush TD 1 Rec TD

I couldn't find receiving stats besides that MB touchdown.

Take away some bad tackling one run and Malcolm is 1TD and 88 yards down. He should never have gotten that far on that run.

I might have skimmed over this, but what are the side by side comparable stats for Green and Brown after the game? From the analysis I've read it sounds like Green is super shifty and can really explode in space. I think a poster on Orangebloods said OU's Murray before he got injured, which is cool. I say Reggie Bush, only not a program killer.

I decided to not be lazy and just ask questions even though you all are very good about answering questions.

Take away some bad tackling one run and Malcolm is 1TD and 88 yards down. He should never have gotten that far on that run.

Don't take away from what Malcolm did on that play. It was nothing short of amazing. The Madison defense was much stronger than Steele's. If Malcolm had the holes and blocking that Aaron did, he would have ran all over the field. Give credit to Madison's defense for shutting down their run game.

Here's his highlights from Saturdays game I uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjIG9Lawh8

Your sig is so big (file/rendering-wise) that it will cause the video to chunk. I have to minimize the browser so I don't have so many of your posts visable. I have the same issue when Nexus posts :)

:yeah

I had to turn off the signatures at work cuz the lag was making me craaaazzy.

By the way, nice vid epocSoN :thumbs

Here's his highlights from Saturdays game I uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjIG9Lawh8

Your sig is so big (file/rendering-wise) that it will cause the video to chunk. I have to minimize the browser so I don't have so many of your posts visable. I have the same issue when Nexus posts :)

:yeah

I had to turn off the signatures at work cuz the lag was making me craaaazzy.

By the way, nice vid epocSoN :thumbs

Me too.

Don't take away from what Malcolm did on that play. It was nothing short of amazing. The Madison defense was much stronger than Steele's. If Malcolm had the holes and blocking that Aaron did, he would have ran all over the field. Give credit to Madison's defense for shutting down their run game.

I thought Aaron made too many mistakes. I watched 10 minutes of that game and saw him fumble the ball at the goal line. He had fumbled earlier when Madison was getting ready to score again as well. Maybe the stats for Aaron could have been better without those mistakes, yes. I was just surprized to see him make them. Aaron's blocking was great, whoever that lead block guy was should have gotten the game ball ... he was a stud. From my limited watch of the game it appeared that Madison was certainly the better defense. I was also surprized at how small Aaron was. He certainly had good vision out on the field. I saw him more as a 4 star then a 5 star. Malcolm didn't really impress me in the time I watched ... but his offense just couldn't open up any holes.

There's my two cents ... maybe it adds to the discussion ... probably not.

SheepdogMark

I thought Aaron made too many mistakes. I watched 10 minutes of that game and saw him fumble the ball at the goal line. He had fumbled earlier when Madison was getting ready to score again as well. Maybe the stats for Aaron could have been better without those mistakes, yes. I was just surprized to see him make them. Aaron's blocking was great, whoever that lead block guy was should have gotten the game ball ... he was a stud. From my limited watch of the game it appeared that Madison was certainly the better defense. I was also surprized at how small Aaron was. He certainly had good vision out on the field. I saw him more as a 4 star then a 5 star. Malcolm didn't really impress me in the time I watched ... but his offense just couldn't open up any holes.

There's my two cents ... maybe it adds to the discussion ... probably not.

SheepdogMark

I think Green's game will translate more smoothly to the next level than Malcolm's. I think both will be special players, but I think Green will make the bigger immediate impact because he seemed to be the most polished back that night. He found his holes and followed his blockers better than Malcolm (although Malcolm had a worse offensive line). I dont think that Malcolm will be able to run oever LBs and DBs right away in college. He might be able to when he is a junior and senior, but not as a true freshmen.

I would take both of them, but I want Green before Malcolm. :koolaid2: