SIGNED RB Aaron Green

You're correct on your 3 points but he's already said he doesn't have to play with his brother. I only reported 1 quote from an entire article (b/c you can't post premium articles on this message board). Thinking that you'd be shocked if he doesn't end up N (not you Huskers Forever) just says you are looking at this situation through rose colored glasses. Anytime Texas (his home school), OU (Adrian Peterson), and USC (Reggie Bush) come calling, we have an uphill battle. Family ties are very important and the faith based system installed at Nebraska gives us an edge but in the end kids want to win championships and play in the NFL. By all means he can do both of those at Nebraska but for a 16/17 year old, it probably seems easier at the aforementioned schools.

All in all, I don't want to get in to a debate about this b/c it's WAY too early to do so. I personally would cut off a hand to watch this kid play ball at Nebraska, I just don't want to be disappointed by thinking he's going to when it's his junior year still.

It's not an 'uphill battle' for us in regards to Aaron. If anything, other schools are trying to catch up to us in his recruitment.

yeah you're correct other schools are playing catch up to Bo and company but it is still an uphill battle. when was the last time we got a top 5 RB that every one else wanted??? you better not say Lucky b/c USC didn't want him. Until we consistently pull in 5 stars, every time we go after one it will be an uphill battle....even if his older brother plays at Nebraska.

He was just on HI Radio, and it appears he is extremely impressed by Coach Brown and his faith. While I wouldn't call him N, I think we have just as good a chance as anyone else.

If anyone wants to get a better feel for how Aaron feels regarding us and recruiting in general, I would def recommend listening to the HI Radio with him... it's free. He talks alot about his faith, his bro getting moved in, and how he has developed a great bond with coach Brown, calling him a good, spiritual man. He also said "that might need to be the place I need to be." Apparently, Andrew ended up picking us because he felt spiritually comfortable here, and no where else. Definitely interesting... we do seem to have a good start. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is ready to make a smart decision. Aaron talked about wanting to grow the best he could on the field, in the classroom, and spiritually.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?SID...&CID=890537

He was just on HI Radio, and it appears he is extremely impressed by Coach Brown and his faith. While I wouldn't call him N, I think we have just as good a chance as anyone else.

If anyone wants to get a better feel for how Aaron feels regarding us and recruiting in general, I would def recommend listening to the HI Radio with him... it's free. He talks alot about his faith, his bro getting moved in, and how he has developed a great bond with coach Brown, calling him a good, spiritual man. He also said "that might need to be the place I need to be." Apparently, Andrew ended up picking us because he felt spiritually comfortable here, and no where else. Definitely interesting... we do seem to have a good start. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is ready to make a smart decision. Aaron talked about wanting to grow the best he could on the field, in the classroom, and spiritually.

http://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?SID...&CID=890537

thanks for this post. i hadn't heard that yet and i now retract all of my previous statements about uphill battles.

yeah you're correct other schools are playing catch up to Bo and company but it is still an uphill battle. when was the last time we got a top 5 RB that every one else wanted??? you better not say Lucky b/c USC didn't want him. Until we consistently pull in 5 stars, every time we go after one it will be an uphill battle....even if his older brother plays at Nebraska.

No, it's still not an uphill battle. Right now we are almost in cruise control with our lead for Aaron.

And yes, USC did want Lucky. Carroll even made it a point to visit Lucky's ballgames while committed to us in hopes of getting him to switch. Plus whats it matter when teams like LSU and Florida came into Cali (which they never do) to offer a kid?

No, it's still not an uphill battle. Right now we are almost in cruise control with our lead for Aaron.

And yes, USC did want Lucky. Carroll even made it a point to visit Lucky's ballgames while committed to us in hopes of getting him to switch. Plus whats it matter when teams like LSU and Florida came into Cali (which they never do) to offer a kid?

Florida offered Lucky :-)

Aaron Green was just moved up to the number 1 player in all of texas for the 2011 class. I know it's a long way away but I can't help but to think of Cody Green, Burkhead, Aaron Green, Antonio Bell, Kyler Reed and Cooper all on the same offense. Talk about potential!

I would love to see him tell Scout and Rivals how he's not leaning towards any school right now but he is really interested in USC, Texas, and Florida. Then he just keeps pulling them along and they keep jacking up his ranking, and then bam, he commits to Nebraska. That'd show em.