ATH Curtis Carter

I understand what you're saying, I really do. There is nothing we can do about it so why get all bent out of shape? But I still for the life of me have no idea why you are even following recruiting if you just "shrug your shoulders" if we don't get one of the most athletic prospects on board after he has had us in the lead all year long.

I completely understand what you're saying...I really do.

Yes Curtis Carter is extremely talented.

Yes Curtis Carter is potentially the gamebreaking threat we've been lacking in recent years.

Yes Curtis Carter absolutely could develop into a fantastic player.

But getting upset and having a meltdown because some recruit picks another school is like crying over spilled milk. Yes it happened, yes it sucks but you clean up the mess and you move on-or in the case of some fans at least try to.

And, to answer your question, I peak in on the recruiting section, and post occassional comments because I do like to be aware of who is all out there and who Nebraska is offering.

Just so there's no confusion: I do want Curtis Carter to commit and sign with the Huskers...absolutely.

But if he does end up at LSU, or another school, life will go on and the sun will rise the next day.

I just thought about this...and maybe this illustrative example will help you understand my position.

Remember Nebraska's heartbreaking 18-16 loss to Florida State in the '94 Orange Bowl? Of course you do-we all do.

I firmly believe that the loss to FSU was the catalyst for the eventual success of the '94 and '95 seasons-although we, as fans, didn't know that at the time.

If we lose Curtis Carter to another school this year it will be disappointing. But if that happens who knows what good fortune will come our way in the future. Maybe we end up signing two or three equivalent players in the following year's class.

I'm just saying that regardless of what happens things tend to work out/balance out over time.

I understand what you're saying, I really do. There is nothing we can do about it so why get all bent out of shape? But I still for the life of me have no idea why you are even following recruiting if you just "shrug your shoulders" if we don't get one of the most athletic prospects on board after he has had us in the lead all year long.

Yes Curtis Carter is potentially the gamebreaking threat we've been lacking in recent years.

But getting upset and having a meltdown because some recruit picks another school is like crying over spilled milk. Yes it happened, yes it sucks but you clean up the mess and you move on-or in the case of some fans at least try to.

And, to answer your question, I peak in on the recruiting section, and post occassional comments because I do like to be aware of who is all out there and who Nebraska is offering.

Just so there's no confusion: I do want Curtis Carter to commit and sign with the Huskers...absolutely.

But if he does end up at LSU, or another school, life will go on and the sun will rise the next day.

Its not exactly liked spilling milk. You can always go get more milk. Getting recruits like him is pretty hard to dd.

Its not exactly liked spilling milk. You can always go get more milk. Getting recruits like him is pretty hard to dd.

agreed...

the way things are we can't just say 'oh well we'll get the next one' because in this day and the there are fewer and fewer 'next ones' and fewer still ones like CC! whats wrong with being proactive!!?? going out and making moves and getting people is how you go from average to great (plus excellent coaching)

so in my opinion say if they dont committ the sun will rise sure it will be the sunrise will be a whole lot better with top guys like CC on board rather than some dude we have never heard of.....

Thank you Jen for saving me some typing. :)

Seeing how Curtis might be reading this, i dont know, ill direct this toward him. You know it bears down to what YOU want. You come to Nebraska, we'll welcome you with open arms and great support. You pick another school, for whatever reasons, good luck to you, and maybe we'll see you on the other side of the ball. :)

Thats how i truthfully feel about every recruit, no matter what star rating they are, as fans we all want the best to play for our team, but lets face it, its their life and their decision, and we must respect that.

As for wanting the best to play for the team, come on, we can't catch 35 25lb large-mouth bass in one afternoon of fishing on a lake, can we?

Thank you Jen for saving me some typing. :)

Seeing how Curtis might be reading this, i dont know, ill direct this toward him. You know it bears down to what YOU want. You come to Nebraska, we'll welcome you with open arms and great support. You pick another school, for whatever reasons, good luck to you, and maybe we'll see you on the other side of the ball. :)

Thats how i truthfully feel about every recruit, no matter what star rating they are, as fans we all want the best to play for our team, but lets face it, its their life and their decision, and we must respect that.

As for wanting the best to play for the team, come on, we can't catch 35 25lb large-mouth bass in one afternoon of fishing on a lake, can we?

:yeah Very well put.

• 4 weeks later...

This is what i saw per the MU side:

Nebraska was the first team to offer him and stay in constant contact with him, and for a long time, the Cornhuskers were his leaders.

Now, he said, he doesn't want to name any leader, or rank his offers. That's because so many other schools, including Missouri, are developing close relationships with him.

"Oh, heck yeah. We talk, me and Coach (Barry) Odom talk all the time," Carter said. "They're coming in really hard. I had made a list, with Nebraska at number one, but I was thinking about it, and now I don't want to say who's number one, or two or three, because everyone is coming on strong and showing a lot of attention.

This is what i saw per the MU side:

Nebraska was the first team to offer him and stay in constant contact with him, and for a long time, the Cornhuskers were his leaders.

Now, he said, he doesn't want to name any leader, or rank his offers. That's because so many other schools, including Missouri, are developing close relationships with him.

"Oh, heck yeah. We talk, me and Coach (Barry) Odom talk all the time," Carter said. "They're coming in really hard. I had made a list, with Nebraska at number one, but I was thinking about it, and now I don't want to say who's number one, or two or three, because everyone is coming on strong and showing a lot of attention.

It's the same article posted on HI. Just says everyone is showing him a lot of attention right now.

The MU vs. Skers game might be a big part of his decision.