ATH Curtis Carter

As far as Carter goes. he could be an impact player for us... we really NEED this guy.

Really need? No. Would it be nice to sign him? Sure.

According to a poster above, Nebraska is Carter's #1 choice right now-which is very nice and I'll be really happy if he signs with the Huskers.

However, if we don't sign this kid come February, the sun will still rise and life will go on.

As far as Carter goes. he could be an impact player for us... we really NEED this guy.

According to a poster above, Nebraska is Carter's #1 choice right now-which is very nice and I'll be really happy if he signs with the Huskers.

However, if we don't sign this kid come February, the sun will still rise and life will go on.

No. Armageddon will be amongst us all if Curtis Carter does not sign with the Huskers in February.

No. Armageddon will be amongst us all if Curtis Carter does not sign with the Huskers in February.

:clap

I understand you were being sarcastic. However...

Unfortunately some of the more passionate Husker fans among us, and by passionate I mean insane, would take it as such, especially if Carter commits and then signs with another team. I wasn't on this particular board, but I was on another Husker board when the whole Josh Freeman debacle broke and, at the time, their were some Husker fans who I seriously thought were either going to have: 1) a stoke, 2) a coronary and/or 3) their heads would explode.

Unfortunately some of the more passionate Husker fans among us, and by passionate I mean insane, would take it as such, especially if Carter commits and then signs with another team. I wasn't on this particular board, but I was on another Husker board when the whole Josh Freeman debacle broke and, at the time, their were some Husker fans who I seriously thought were either going to have: 1) a stoke, 2) a coronary and/or 3) their heads would explode.

i swear to god i'll....throw baby poodles out the windows if he doesn't sign with us...cuz we don't need no stinkin poodles. or badgers...especially drunk badgers like those in germany.

well i am not a recruiting expert but i follow this board pretty often.. sometimes i get pretty worried about the lax attitude that some people have hear... 'well we dont need him' 'it dont matter if he comes here or not' well i wonder who do we need? and when will they show up?? we can't keep thinking that all this talent will fall into our lap... we need to go out and get kids and make them want to come to nebraska or you know what we are never gonna challenge for anything serious again.. 9 wins is awesome but i hope nebraska can get into a BCS game contend every year and kiss ass.... when it comes to chilling on recruiting brah we need to get going in my opinion and do all we can to get kids here instead of just shrugging our shoulders when a recruit doesn't committ..... theres lots more opputrunities but the good deals are going fast and we dont want to be stuck with only dented cans at the grocery store... aloha

well i am not a recruiting expert but i follow this board pretty often.. sometimes i get pretty worried about the lax attitude that some people have hear... 'well we dont need him' 'it dont matter if he comes here or not' well i wonder who do we need? and when will they show up?? we can't keep thinking that all this talent will fall into our lap... we need to go out and get kids and make them want to come to nebraska or you know what we are never gonna challenge for anything serious again.. 9 wins is awesome but i hope nebraska can get into a BCS game contend every year and kiss ass.... when it comes to chilling on recruiting brah we need to get going in my opinion and do all we can to get kids here instead of just shrugging our shoulders when a recruit doesn't committ..... theres lots more opputrunities but the good deals are going fast and we dont want to be stuck with only dented cans at the grocery store... aloha

this.

We may not need Carter specifically.... but we NEED more guys like Carter... While we can't guarantee that he will be a super star, from the recent reports and such it sure is sounding like the odds are pretty good. This isn't a debate about stars or anything like that. this is about seeing a legitimate prospect with a very high ceiling that can help take nebraska to another level.

Our offense is just begging for a receiving threat that can take it to the house on any given play. If we find one, he will play very early in his career at nebraska.

this.

We may not need Carter specifically.... but we NEED more guys like Carter... While we can't guarantee that he will be a super star, from the recent reports and such it sure is sounding like the odds are pretty good. This isn't a debate about stars or anything like that. this is about seeing a legitimate prospect with a very high ceiling that can help take nebraska to another level.

Our offense is just begging for a receiving threat that can take it to the house on any given play. If we find one, he will play very early in his career at nebraska.

Ya, that is definitely something we've lacked, a burner/take-it-to-the-house guy that can actually catch the rock.

1. We're all just fans here. We're not involved with anything pertaining to identifying, contacting and/or recruiting any of these kids. The whole recruiting process is out of our hands so what exactly is accomplished by worrying about who commits, or doesn't, with the Huskers?

2. It's not the "we don't need him" attitude...It's the "if we don't sign this particular recruit then we'll get the next one"

3. In life, often times things don't happen according to a person's dreams, wants or desires, ergo when a recruit, even one the caliber of Carter, opts for another school all we, as Nebraska fans, can do is move on. No sense in crying over spilled milk.

4. Believe it or not, not every high school football player wants to come to Nebraska. Dear Lord I apologize for the blatant heresey.

5. Look at our number of commits thus far...sure it's small, especially compared to some other schools right now. But, remember we have the rest of the summer, the entire '09 college football season and the entire month of January before LOI day to get about 12 more commits. Bo and the rest of the coaches have everything well under control.

Oh and for the record...based on what I've heard about a certain redshirt freshman, I believe we already have the explosive difference maker in the kick return game on campus.

Jen I respect your opinion but it just doesn't make much sense. By your logic youre saying we have this recruit here that could be a game changer but if we don't get him we'll just move on to the less athletic lower recruited guy and thats no problem. I know what youre saying, we can't cry over a recruit that doesn't want to come here. If it happens it happens, but FANS, people who want the best players and want their team to win can be upset that we again came up short for a player we DO NEED. So if we strike out on all of our top targets and they go to big 12 teams do you think that will be no big deal? Yes I trust in Bo that he knows what he is doing which is your argument every time recruiting comes up. However, with me trusting in Bo means that I realize that he wants Carter and every other guy he has targeted. If he doesn't get him I'm sure Bo, as well as husker fans will be dissapointed. It sounds like you were just fine with the classes solich was bringing in. Sure he wasn't getting his first, second, third, or probably fourth option most times but he was "just moving on to the next guy" as you said so no big deal right? Bottom line is we do need to get athletes like this. I think Callahan simply made us feel cheated on bc we put so much stock in rivals rankings and got nothing out of them. Now we are all so gun shy to think hey this guy is a four star he has to be pretty good. There is a reason that USC, Florida, Texas, OU, Ohio St, LSU, Georgia and Alabama are now the big boys of college football. Go look at the rivals recruiting rankings and you'll get your answer. Getting highly ranked guys is the key, if you don't think so just look at the teams consistently competing for NC's then look at the teams with the best recruiting classes. Obviously there are exceptions so I don't need the argument, "look at Notre Dame".

Also Carter reminds me a lot of Bennie Logan last year. We offer, he's excited about that offer then LSU offers and it changes everything. I'm just being realistic and we may have a better shot with Carter than Logan last year but it's just not very often that a kid from louisiana who lsu really wants makes it out of there.

Jen,

I can't believe you're trying to talk common sense with us football fanatics! By definition, we're fanatical (that's where the word "fan" comes from, I think).

But your point is well taken. Following recruiting is just for entertainment. Which guys we get and don't get, doesn't always translate into how good our team is. Good luck convincing the posters here, though. :)

Lol Jen good point I was thinking the same thing. You guys are forgetting... drink your Antonio Bell KoolAid. Paul sems on the verge of the breakout (doesn't he always) and even though he's not a true burner, he's got some quicks. Who knows, maybe even Tim Marlowe will find his way onto the field as a receiver... he's the fastest player on the team, and that's a quote.