ATH Curtis Carter

OWH says we lead and Alabama is his #2 option. They also list him as a WR target.

Nice:

“LSU hasn’t offered yet, but I am going up to their camp this next week,” Carter said. “I think if LSU offered me, it wouldn’t put them as my top school. Nebraska has put so much effort into recruiting me and developing a relationship with me, it would just be unfair.”

When asked if Pelini’s LSU ties were a big deal, Carter said it was “a huge deal’’ and his father was a huge Pelini supporter.

Carter postponed plans for an unofficial visit to Lincoln on July 31 and said he would reschedule a trip to NU.

In regards to SECHusker, Slavin was a target a loong time before it appeard Carter was even on the radar so that is kinda a moot point IMO. My point was moving on to another target which Slavin would already be a target. The reason I picked Sconiers is for an example is bc he doesn't actually have an offer so if we miss out on Carter that might be the next choice. We have tape on Sconiers and yet we haven't offered him. If it turns out that we miss out on Carter, then we offer Sconiers it can only mean one of two things: we are settling for Sconiers or he got better during his senior year. IMO its option number 1 but thats just me. It's obvious to me they would rather have Carter than Sconiers which is my argument in the first place, you can't settle for your second option every time.

but can you explain to me then why year in and year out the teams that are in the top 5 in recruiting are usually the teams competing for national titles?

because they have good coaches that can develop talent and they put their players in a position to succeed.

Ding ding ding we have a winner! Thanks SECHusker for saying what you did...I was just coming on to post something very similar in response to huskers51.

Here's my opinion of what makes teams like USC, Texas, Florida, etc...the current top teams dujour great:

Talent = 20%

Coaching = 20%

Schemes = 20%

In Game Adjustments = 20%

Players Work Ethic = 20%

My point: sure they get great talent, but those teams also do well in the other categories I've listed...that's why they're at or near the top seemingly every season. All five parts have a mutually dependent symbiotic relationship with each other.

And finally, to get all worked up, and to hang your hopes on the whims of a 17 year kid is well, kinda dumb.

Thanks for your input.

:facepalm:

huskerjen...

1)

When I said we need this guy, you took it all too seriously.

Observe:

"I need caffeine in the morning to get me going"

2)

And I don't see anywhere in this thread where anyone indicated a meltdown if we didn't get him, yet you brought it up in your posts ad nauseum.

3)

And you argue against other peoples opinions with.... an opinion.

Albeit I agree with some of your "formula" for success, it's still an opinion.

now if i had mod power this thread would be at about 40 posts long...

3. It's merely your assumption that if we miss out on Carter that whoever we do get won't be as fast, quick, agile etc. While it's possible that's the case it's not certain. How can you say with 100% certainty that the plan b, c or even d won't be just as good? You can't.

You're right. With 100% certainty nobody can. At that same time you say many many times, TRUST IN BO. Well, there is a reason that he is higher on our board that plans b, c, or d... Because that same coaching staff you want everyone to have so much faith in also wants Carter more than plans b, c, or d. So, you are in a way contradicting your own requests.

3. It's merely your assumption that if we miss out on Carter that whoever we do get won't be as fast, quick, agile etc. While it's possible that's the case it's not certain. How can you say with 100% certainty that the plan b, c or even d won't be just as good? You can't.

You're right. With 100% certainty nobody can. At that same time you say many many times, TRUST IN BO. Well, there is a reason that he is higher on our board that plans b, c, or d... Because that same coaching staff you want everyone to have so much faith in also wants Carter more than plans b, c, or d. So, you are in a way contradicting your own requests.

Two things:

1. This thread went to pot a long time ago

2. There are too many numbered lists in it as well

Two things:

:yeah , Jen is a listmaker.

Wasn't it Barry Switzer who said "it's not x's and o's it's Jimmy's and Joes"? Why do you think he said that? Bc he know's that getting the best athletes is the single most important factor in college football. Coaching, desire, schemes, all of that is very important and no team could win without it but athletes is what wins you the games. Take for example reggie bush...was the 05' Fresno St game schemes and in game adjustments? No, it was reggie bush, a great athlete, simply taking over the game. We can debate this over and over and like was mentioned before each is an opinion. It's just that if you take the rivals recruiting rankings and put them next to the bcs standings they are shockingly going to be very similar. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Two things:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Lets go with an a-b-c-d format to change things up.. :lol: