Legalization of Drugs

15 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My entire softball team was doin' it at age 14 and AFAIK 100% of them are still alive.

I did not partake because I am an idiot.

More likely cuz you're a NARC!!! 

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Yes. This shouldn't be an issue. Decriminalization should be the goal.

The article doesn’t have anything to do with criminalization. It’s about hiring. Some of this has to do with rules for security clearances (also in the article). No one should be disqualified for past marijuana use but I’m not sure why they’re making a thing out if this when this is the most leniant the WH has ever been on it. There has also been no indication by Biden that he is smart when it comes to marijuana. He thinks it should be illegal. 

Also, the article may be misleading. 

Five people are no longer employed at the White House, while additional staffers are working remotely. In many of the cases involving staffers who are no longer employed, additional security factors were in play, including for some hard drug use, the official said.

-"Today, America's war on drug users is over in the city of Baltimore. We leave behind the era of tough-on-crime prosecution and zero tolerance policing and no longer default to the status quo to criminalize mostly people of color for addiction, said Mosby in an official press release."

-"The program has led to decreases in the overall incarcerated Baltimore population by 18%, while violent and property crimes are down 20% and 36% respectively, according to the press release."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/27/us/baltimore-prosecute-prostitution-drug-possession/index.html

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1