Legalization of Drugs

weed- yes

other drugs on a federal level- yes

other drugs on a state by state level- thats just up to the individual states imo

prostitution on a federal level- yes

prostitution on a state by state level- thats just up to the individual states imo

They are locking so many people up for weed that they are making more that way than off of taxing it.

It is also one of the best broad spectrum pain meds in the world and pharmaceutical companies would get hammered if the government regulated its sale.

Weed .. Yes , a long time ago. ANY other drug... no.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that the government is making money from imprisoning drug addicts? Isn't the opposite true? Aren't we spending money to incarcerate them? Sorry if I am missing something.

(and yep, legalize marijuana. It'd be difficult to tax because unlike tobacco and alcohol people can just grow it at home(unless you are a homebrewer I suppose). Why spend money trying to regulate something that is about as harmful or dangerous as tobacco or alcohol?)

Over three quarters of a million people have been prosecuted for weed. Some jailed some probated.

750000 people that are all paying a hefty cash price in the judicial system.

Benny may be going for the hat trick next. :dunno

GBR

I thought this was about drugs not poonT. Free healthcare to all hooksters with mandatory sterilization and daily blood screens. :) Can't be too safe about safe sex. :laughpound

Firstly, Yes pot should be legal, just like booze and cigs.

Secondly, let's not try this medical mj crap. To listen to the pot heads inhaleing gases from a burning plant isn't only not bad for you but will heal every malidy known to man. The blood sucking lawyers already get enough from tobacco and alcohol do you really think they won't sue 'big marijiana". (show me the benjamins baby).

And C; Back off the tired old hemp was shut down by the evil Herst Empire crap. Good lord, do you think the gange is associated with paranoia by chance. If you want to burn a blunt, stand on principle or just sit the F@#%$ down and let the rest of us handle it.

They are locking so many people up for weed that they are making more that way than off of taxing it.

It is also one of the best broad spectrum pain meds in the world and pharmaceutical companies would get hammered if the government regulated its sale.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that the government is making money from imprisoning drug addicts? Isn't the opposite true? Aren't we spending money to incarcerate them? Sorry if I am missing something.

(and yep, legalize marijuana. It'd be difficult to tax because unlike tobacco and alcohol people can just grow it at home(unless you are a homebrewer I suppose). Why spend money trying to regulate something that is about as harmful or dangerous as tobacco or alcohol?)

Over three quarters of a million people have been prosecuted for weed. Some jailed some probated.

I say but what is the fine for it?

I know a tobacco fine is $25.00

My nephew got caught with ONE 1 joint. ( BTW what a dumb ass) It cost him over $5000 before it was said and done . Took him strait to jail impounded his car.

It costs a tremendous amount of state and local money to arrest, jail, bond, defend, and prison( food clothing medical dental ect.) a pot smoker. x over 750000 .

They are saying that we could make 15 billion a year by having it legalized under government control for taxing. My question I guess is does this outweigh the amount lost by just tossing a stoner in the pen?? :wacko:

I guess I don't really have an opinion on the marijuana being legal or illegal. Right now it's illegal so I'll enforce that law and my personal opinion towards it is it may be a gateway drug. I might be wrong, but from what I've seen so far in my career I don't think I am. Now cocaine, meth, crack, whatever else should be in no way ever legalized and that stuff is on a whole different level of danger compared to marijuana.

it varies state to state, i got caught when i was a minor and it was $40 drug/alcohol class and $45 court costs.... but for 18+ its something like $100+court costs in NE

i know a guy who spent 3 yrs in prison in KS for less than a 1/2oz. and a pipe

agreed, i refuse to even be in the room with people doing that crap but i think that it should be legal. "they" say that alcohol is actually more harmful than marijuana! but heck you can walk through a college campus and i can guarantee you that 1/3 to 1/2 of the students and a portion of the faculty are already smoking marijuana illegally.

why not make some money from it......the government i mean.

I watched this thing on MSNBC... People that made about 500,000 + a year producing and selling weed in California.. As far as i'm concerned it's legal there? or somewhat? but thats true.. they could make some money from it indeed.

I guess I don't really have an opinion on the marijuana being legal or illegal. Right now it's illegal so I'll enforce that law and my personal opinion towards it is it may be a gateway drug. I might be wrong, but from what I've seen so far in my career I don't think I am. Now cocaine, meth, crack, whatever else should be in no way ever legalized and that stuff is on a whole different level of danger compared to marijuana.

Heroin and vicodin/oxycontin would also increase in addiction and dependancy = many families live ruined.

Heroin and vicodin/oxycontin would also increase in addiction and dependancy = many families live ruined.

I agree and I can see where people would get addicted to the meds! When I had my shoulder surgery I was taking oxycotton (spl?) for 6 weeks. I felt fantastic....................