Yeah, I had a chance to see it. I'm a huge film guy but I know basically nothing about Star Trek. I may have seen one episode when I was a kid, but I only remember it because I had an extreme fever at the time and the episode itself was really trippy (all about dreams and breaks from reality).

As for this movie, it was well made. There is a touch of camp that's (supposedly) a part of the Star Trek experience, but they've certainly shot enough realism into the mix to make non-Trekkie's comfortable with the universe. The effects are great, the acting pretty top notch. The story is fairly typical for a Space Opera movie.

If you've been paying attention you probably know that the movie's getting pretty overwhelmingly positive reviews. I wouldn't read too much into that. The movie is one of those cases where it would be very hard to give it a bad review, so people give it good ones; it's not that the film in and of itself is so overwhelming. There's just not a lot you could point to as a flaw. Either you're into it or you aren't.

Still, fun movie. Glad I saw it. I still have no interest in getting into Star Trek, but you could do a lot worse than this. Worth the watch.

I saw it last night. Loved it. I'm hardlly a trekie but I did grow up watching the original series and I think they did a very good job of making the movie about the characters and remaining consistent with Rodenberry's very humanistic and optimistic POV without laying to heavy on the dialouge or scimping on the action (as in Star Trek movie # 1).

I think they have positioned themselves well for a franchise and I'm actually looking foward to more of the same.

A side note, my wife hates Star Trek but went with me and my daughter anyway. She said she thought it was a really good movie too.

I thought the movie was great. I have only seen one episode in my life but knew enough to get a lot of the references they made (which they did a lot of). The acting was good, the action was good, and the story was good. I would recommend it to any sci-fi action type of guy/girl

Huge weekend. Broke Dark Night's recond for box office

Ya it beat Dark Knights open week by 6.5 million but I don't think Star Trek will ever be as good as The Dark Knight. Nothing against Star Trek but I think the Dark Knights preview was way better than Star Trek to make me want to go out and see it.

Huge weekend. Broke Dark Night's recond for box office

Ya it beat Dark Knights open week by 6.5 million but I don't think Star Trek will ever be as good as The Dark Knight. Nothing against Star Trek but I think the Dark Knights preview was way better than Star Trek to make me want to go out and see it.

The Dark Knight was helped immensely by the controversy surrounding the death of Heath Ledger. If not for this, I don't think it would have opened as big as it did. I agree though it was a good movie.

I think the villain in Star Trek (Eric Bana) was kind of milquetoast, but overall it was a refreshing change from the vanilla unicorn fart utopia that plagued TNG.

It will be interesting to see what direction they are going to go with the sequel.

Living on an Engineering floor (6th floor Abel) my freshman year, I was forced to rewatch all the episodes (or else go to class) with all the other nerds in the tv lounge that would revel in critiquing the implauseibility of antimatter..or something that would normally hurt my braim.

I watched it Saturday at a drive-in with my 8-yr old Son..He was much more interested in the "Monsters vs. Aliens" part of the double feature...Funny how this guy playing Spock reminds me of a friend from high school...even more than Lenard Nimoy did..And I never would've guessed Spock and Uhura were so hot-n-heavy.

From this to this?

hmgYMTO6Th4&feature

hoQdztH52fU

xTEwjjruRYM&feature