DE Zack McCray

Player: Zack McCray

Hometown: Lynchburg, VA

Position: DE

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 236 lbs.

40 time: 4.76

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Alabama, Boston College, Duke, LSU, Maryland, Nebraska, North Carolina, N.C. State, South Carolina, Tennessee, UCLA, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia

Favorites: Alabama, LSU, North Carolina, Virginia Tech

COMMITTED TO VIRGINIA TECH

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

per Scout: Zack McCray had 87 tackles, 20 sacks, nine hurries, a forced fumble, two fumble recoveries and an interception as a junior. He returned an interception and a fumble for a touchdown. Offensively, he also had 158 yards receiving for three scores.

• 2 weeks later...

MAY 22, 2009. PREP STAR

ZACK MC CRAY, DE, 6-3, 240, 4.7, LYNCHBURG (BROOKVILLE), VIRGINIA

Zach said he has offers from Virginia, Wake Forest, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Maryland, North Carolina, Duke, North Carolina State, Tennessee, South Carolina, LSU, UCLA and Alabama

Trimmed List A Little

“Not 100 percent right now, I’m starting to narrow it down with the schools. I’ll probably narrow it down to four to six teams. I have four set right now, Alabama, LSU, North Carolina State and Virginia Tech. I thank God every day for it (scholarship offers). My parents are excited that they don’t have to pay for my college.” Mc Cray said

Surprise Husker Offer

“I was pretty surprised to get an offer from them (Nebraska). It was really cool I mean I didn’t know they would have any interest for me being on the east coast. I sure would consider visiting Nebraska to lean little more about them and the program.” Mc Cray said

“Nebraska’s offer is pretty recent,” says Mc Cray, “I’m been trying to get in touch with them. I tried to call a couple of times we’ve been calling back and forth but I haven’t had much luck.” Mc Cray added

“I’ve been to campus at North Carolina a couple of times and talked to Coach Davis,” Mc Cray said, “He turned that program around they (North Carolina) is a upcoming program. I really do think in a couple of years they will be playing in a national championship game. They are getting good recruits and it’s close to home.”

“I went to North Carolina and Virginia Tech game last year. It was really cool the fans came out, great fan support. A lot of fans knew who I was and talked to me and it made me feel pretty good.” Mc Cray said

Virginia Tech Close To Home

“Like North Carolina, they (Virginia Tech) are close to home. I’ve been up there a lot and the fans know who I am. Last year I went to the Maryland game and the Georgia Tech game. Game day at Virginia Tech is pretty nasty it gets pretty loud.” Mc Cary said

“I took a visit down there (Tennessee) during spring break and liked it.” Mc Cray said, “I liked the campus and the business school. From watching their spring practice they really get after it.”

“I like them (Tennessee) they possible be one of the teams in my top six. I’m trying to feel them out a little bit more.” Mc Cray added

Alabama grew up watching Florida State games.

“I was born in Alabama (Huntsville) there are a power house program. I’m not really had one team that I followed a whole lot. I watched a lot of Florida State games. I actually haven’t followed Alabama.” Mc Cray said

“The tradition at Alabama is great,” says Mc Cray, “Just the completion in the SEC, they are on a roll and they are coming up to win a national championship.”

“Last year I went to the Alabama and Tennessee game at Tennessee. It was fun I couldn’t believe Alabama fans would travel that far there were more Alabama fans than Tennessee fans at the game. It was crazy.” Mc Cray said

LSU After Mc Cray Hard

“LSU is recruiting me pretty hard,” says Mc Cray, “I’ll call down there once in a while. I’m beginning to build a great relationship with Coach Haley and Les Miles. I like how LSU has won national championships and stuff like that.”

The Mail Keeps On Coming

“Gosh I get stacks of mail everyday it’s ridiculous. I don’t read them all. There are a couple of schools I’ve narrowed it down, I’m reading their stuff. I read all the hand written stuff I want to read them just to see what it says.” Mc Cray said

“Depends What Happens”

“I don’t know it just depends how everything unfold on me.” Mc Cary comments when he might commit, “It depends what happen over the summer to see what I can accomplish and go from there. If I have to take official visits I’ll take them.”

link

Surprise Husker Offer

“I was pretty surprised to get an offer from them (Nebraska). It was really cool I mean I didn’t know they would have any interest for me being on the east coast. I sure would consider visiting Nebraska to lean little more about them and the program.” Mc Cray said

“Nebraska’s offer is pretty recent,” says Mc Cray, “I’m been trying to get in touch with them. I tried to call a couple of times we’ve been calling back and forth but I haven’t had much luck.” Mc Cray added

Will someone please pick up the damn phone?

Surprise Husker Offer

I think Pap would be good to put on him.

Surprise Husker Offer

I think Pap would be good to put on him.

Damn, get on the ball Husker coaches.

• 2 weeks later...

Committed to Virginia Tech

I wouldn't be surprised if he committed to Virginia Tech because of their Defensive Coach Bud Foster. If he did committ because of Bud I wouldn't be too happy just yet if I was a Hokies fan because there are SEVERAL College and Pro programs that could be interested in Bud Foster for a Head Coach position during the 09' season.

We're gonna have to keep and eye on Zack some more if Bud Foster does leaves Virginia Tech for a Head Coaching job.

I wondered what happened with LSU. He's been on record multiple times saying LSU is his favorite.

Yeah that is funny, would say maybe LSU was slow playing as they have in the past but he does have an offer.......? Maybe they wouldn't take his commitment hoping to land a bigger fish, if so that will continue to bite them in the a$$ just like it is doing now with Seastrunk and Michael.