DT Damon Williams

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

ESPN grade of 67 and New Video

Williams is certainly a big dude and he seems to look the part. As a defensive tackle he has a solid get-off. He can be tough to push off the ball though he does need to watch his pad level and not get tall coming out of his stance. He is adequate with his hands, but you would like to see him shoot them more and create better separation. He can plug up a gap, but with his size you would like to see him be more physically dominant at times. He has a solid motor. Displays very adequate flexibility and movement. He can overrun the ball and struggle to change directions. As a pass rusher he has the size to collapse the pocket and disrupt throwing lanes, but needs to stay lower and be more explosive off the ball. Williams is a big guy who can clog things up some against the run, but needs to keep developing his game and squeezing more out of his natural size.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

This says he is coming in November and not this weekend? :dunno

SEPTEMBER 25 2009. MESSAGE BOARDS

DAMON WILLIAMS, DT, 6-4, 300, 5, IRVING (NIMITZ), TEXAS

"Nice Up There"

"Texas Tech is close to home, I will visit them next week and I know a couple of people who go up there. I've been to Texas Tech a couple times for a regional track meet. It's pretty nice up there, it's like two cities, country and city." Williams said

"Texas Tech said If you don't want to go to a school, and don't play your freshman year, don't come here." Williams said

Very Interested In Baylor

"I'm very high on Baylor," Williams said, "I haven't been to Waco yet, but I plan on going out there. What I will probably do with all the close schools I'll take unofficials, then all the far away schools I'll do official visits."

"I probably like (Baylor) is how they are a pretty good team. They are the same as Arkansas, up coming team. I like Robert Griffin he's a pretty nice guy. Pretty good dude. They (Baylor) have a defensive tackle that transferred from Penn State (Phil Taylor), he's pretty good too." Williams said

Damon to Visit Nebraska In November

"Nebraska is a pretty good school, they have a lot of tradition and like the atmosphere up there. It seems pretty nice. This will be my first visit to Nebraska, I watch them on TV a lot." Williams said

"Coach Beck (Nebraska) is recruiting me," Williams said, "Nebraska said I move good for my size, I'm very explosive, make a lot of good plays. Nebraska said I can play early. Most every school I talk to once I step on campus I will get early playing time."

"I talked to coach Beck last week and he's getting all the paper work ready. He just called me while I was on the phone with you. So I got to call him back when I get off the phone with you." Williams said patiently

"I've been to Arkansas, but I haven't been to the campus. I talk to coach Mike Summers a couple of times. Arkansas is an up coming team. I can help them be an impact player. It's SEC football, SEC ball is a tough conference to be in that would be nice." Williams said

More Visits To Come

"Not yet, I don't have any scheduled but I plan on too. I plan on taking all five visits but have no idea who I might visit. It's like day by day thing with me." Williams said

"Distance is not a factor," Williams says, "I'm looking for a family oriented team. I can go in and feel comfortable with everybody. Go in and feel like home."

• 1 month later...