Weight: 170 lbs

40 time: 4.45

Visit Date: 11/20

Scholarships: Iowa State, Nebraska, UNLV

Favorites: Arizona, Iowa State, Nebraska, Oregon, UCLA, UNLV, Washington

COMMITTED TO UNLV

Scout: :star:star

Rivals: :star:star:star

per Scout: Had 45 tackles and three interceptions as a 2008 junior at Colton (Calif.).

Older brother, Christian Ramirez, is a running back at UCLA.

Evidently last season was his first year playing football. He was an athletic but too-short b-ball guy(Rivals only lists him as 5'8"). Kid seems certainly seems talented though. They list his 40 at 4.45, Bench 300lbs, squat 420lbs, and VJ 35". Those are good lifts, especially for a guy that only started training for football.

This is the kind of diamond in the rough we gotta find and develop.

Nebraska offers pair from Colton

Nebraska offered Colton, Calif., teammates Derrick Malone and Jonathan Mack scholarships earlier this week.

Mack is a sleeper prospect who is new to the game, but has a very nice upside. He's a pure cover corner who totaled 45 tackles and picked off three passes as a junior.

"Mack is definitely a player," Colton coach BJ Bray said. "He's a little under the radar right now but all the coaches that have come through here love him. He's a little undersized at 5-10, 175 pounds but he has amazing ball skills and great speed.

"Last year was his first year as a starter and he was really playing on just instinct. This year, with experience, he should have a big year, even better than last year, which is hard to believe because he had a heck of a year last season."

Mack is the younger brother of UCLA starting running back Christian Ramirez.

• 4 months later...

From Husker Journal:

I think if this kid visits, we get him.

JONATHAN MACK, DB, 5-9, 180, 4.5, COLTON, CALIFORNIA

"Nebraska, UNLV, Iowa State are the only offers this season. I do plan on visiting Nebraska" Mack said

"Nebraska has a good fan base, good environment. I've been watching their games on TV and they (Nebraska) are getting much better." Mack said

"Nebraska sent me a paper about going out there for one of their games. Me and my mom are thinking about going out there for Texas Tech game. Derrick Malone and his mom are coming to Nebraska with us. Derrick and I have been talking about how it would be to play at Nebraska together." Mack said

From Husker Journal:

I think if this kid visits, we get him.

JONATHAN MACK, DB, 5-9, 180, 4.5, COLTON, CALIFORNIA

"Nebraska, UNLV, Iowa State are the only offers this season. I do plan on visiting Nebraska" Mack said

"Nebraska has a good fan base, good environment. I've been watching their games on TV and they (Nebraska) are getting much better." Mack said

"Nebraska sent me a paper about going out there for one of their games. Me and my mom are thinking about going out there for Texas Tech game. Derrick Malone and his mom are coming to Nebraska with us. Derrick and I have been talking about how it would be to play at Nebraska together." Mack said

who the hell is this kid?? i dont know but he sounds like one stud whom with the proper coaching could be epic... hope he visits.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...