S Derrick Malone

Great sign that he is high on us AND wants to play with Mack. Hopefully he does come up with Mack, because Mack is almost a sure bet after his short JUCO detour.

He's talking about his high school teammate Jonathan Mack, who we've also offered.

My bad, thought it was the Mack from LV.

• 3 weeks later...

Derrick Malone now favors Arizona State, Nebraska and Washington, and adds he also likes Oregon even though the Ducks haven’t offered yet. Malone says he’s close to setting up visits with the Sun Devils, Cornhuskers and Huskies. “I’m supposed to be talking to the coaches about that soon. I may be going to Washington on Nov. 28. That’s the date we’ve talked about...”

Derrick Malone now favors Arizona State, Nebraska and Washington, and adds he also likes Oregon even though the Ducks haven’t offered yet. Malone says he’s close to setting up visits with the Sun Devils, Cornhuskers and Huskies. “I’m supposed to be talking to the coaches about that soon. I may be going to Washington on Nov. 28. That’s the date we’ve talked about...”

UCLA is also after him though they have not offered

• 3 weeks later...

Two-way standout Derrick Malone (Colton, Calif./Colton) is one of the elite players in the West this year. He has 11 offers and has set up his first two official visits.

Malone plays both running back and safety for the Yellowjackets, but is being recruited primarily for defense right now. He rushed for over 1,000 yards as a junior and is on pace to duplicate that this year.

"I really don't have a preference between the two to be honest," Malone said. "Most schools like me for safety, but a few are recruiting me as an athlete. I'll play wherever I fit in the best and whatever gets me on the field the quickest."

On the recruiting front, Arizona is the most recent school to throw its hat in the ring.

"Right now, I have two visits lined up," Malone said. "I'm going to Nebraska (Nov. 6) and Washington (Nov. 27). Oregon is close to offering and once they do, I'm going to set up a visit with them as well, those are my top three schools right now.

"I do want to take all five of my trips before making my decision. I'm keeping those last two open for now and really don't know who will get those last two visits. The trips to Nebraska and Washington will be the only two I take during the season. The rest will all have to be after we're done in December and January and then I'll commit sometime in January."

• 2 weeks later...

Is Malone dead set on playing safety or could he possibly move down to LB? He seems to have pretty good size and seeing as how we don't have a LB commit or hardly any prospects just something I thought of. Also if Cooper wants to commit and we already have Jackson it would just make sense to fit them all somewhere.

Is Malone dead set on playing safety or could he possibly move down to LB? He seems to have pretty good size and seeing as how we don't have a LB commit or hardly any prospects just something I thought of. Also if Cooper wants to commit and we already have Jackson it would just make sense to fit them all somewhere.

i think we definely need a good safety as the deep ball seems to be something we could always be better at.... i am really hoping to land this guy and wonder how his visit went... with last night... seeing how Bo and Co. has basiclly developed a top 5 defense in two years....

with the crowd

the spriit of the team and everythign in general i have such high hopes

i think we definely need a good safety as the deep ball seems to be something we could always be better at.... i am really hoping to land this guy and wonder how his visit went... with last night... seeing how Bo and Co. has basiclly developed a top 5 defense in two years....

with the crowd

the spriit of the team and everythign in general i have such high hopes

don't know how his visit went, but here is some new video of him playing defense for the first 3 mins.

looks legit. don't think we can go wrong with him or cooper