Player: Anthony Brown

Hometown: Fontana, CA

Position: ATH

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 180 lbs.

40 time: 4.46

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Colorado, Iowa State, Nebraska, Nevada, USC, UTEP

Favorites: Arizona State, Boise State, Colorado, Iowa State, Nebraska, Nevada, Oregon, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, UTEP, Washington

COMMITTED TO USC

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

per Scout: As a 2008 junior at Fontana (Calif.) Kaiser, rushed for 1,010 rushing yards on 105 attempts and scored 11 touchdowns.

usc has to have bigger needs, they already have two of the highest ranked rb's in the nation committed. granted i think they've proven that they like to have a lot of backs on their roster. johnson, gable, mcknight, bradford, jones, green are all 4 or 5 star backs and i'm pretty sure johnson, gable, and bradford are all gone after this year so i guess nothing is impossible.

• 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

This week, Brown will be at the Rising Stars Camp and believes a strong performance could land him an offer from USC.

USC already has three rb-commits and those three make-up 3/4 of USC's rb-offers. I'd bet an offer from USC would be pretty hard to get now.

USC offered him today. What do you think now?

This week, Brown will be at the Rising Stars Camp and believes a strong performance could land him an offer from USC.

USC already has three rb-commits and those three make-up 3/4 of USC's rb-offers. I'd bet an offer from USC would be pretty hard to get now.

Take a chill-pill. I was just surprised USC would take four rb's in a class(even for a program that runs rb by committee that is a lot), and if they did they did they'd be VERY selective with that last rb-slot.

Take a chill-pill. I was just surprised USC would take four rb's in a class(even for a program that runs rb by committee that is a lot), and if they did they did they'd be VERY selective with that last rb-slot.

For some reason I think they are offering him as a DB. He looks more natural at that position than RB on the video I saw. But then again I could be wrong.

For some reason I think they are offering him as a DB. He looks more natural at that position than RB on the video I saw. But then again I could be wrong.

Did a little checking and you are correct. He says he's being offered as an athlete and he only worked as a corner at the camp.

Brown Lands USC Offer

Anthony Brown

Anthony Brown

By Kevin Carden

SCPlaybook.com

Posted Jun 25, 2009

Fontana (CA) Kaiser DB/RB Anthony Brown has been one of the hardest working kids in the 2010 recruiting class, and all the hard work paid off in a major way on Thursday, as the talented prospect received an offer from USC after the Rising Stars Camp.

Fontana (CA) Kaiser DB/RB Anthony Brown has been one of the hardest working kids in the 2010 recruiting class, and all the hard work paid off in a major way on Thursday, as the talented prospect received an offer from USC after the Rising Stars Camp.

“Pete Carroll told me that he would like me to come play for his team,” Brown said. “I was real happy. I have been waiting for this offer.

“It’s been a long journey. I have gone to all these different camps and combines and performed well. I have that assassin mentality to go out and compete every time and that is what I did.”

Brown, who is being recruited as a running back by most schools, caught the eye of the USC coaches with his aggressive play as a cornerback and was offered as an athlete.

“I did good as a defensive back. That was what they wanted to come out here and see. I went against a bunch of good wide receivers, but in my mind I look at every player the same, so everything went well.”

Brown arrived at the Rising Stars Camp hungry to earn an offer from the Trojans and did just that by locking down nearly ever receiver that he faced at the star-studded camp.

“I went to the Skills Camp two weeks ago, and they said they wanted me to come back to compete with the best receivers at the Rising Stars Camp, and I showed them what I could do,” Brown said.

The 5-foot-11, 180-pund athlete now has offers from Nebraska, Colorado, UTEP and Nevada as well as USC.

FREE article on SCOUTS