RB Jordon James

Player: Jordon James

Hometown: Corona, CA

Position: RB

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 190 lbs.

40 time: 4.37

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Cal, Colorado, Florida, Miami, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oregon, Stanford, Tennessee, UCLA, Washington

Favorites: Arizona, Cal, Notre Dame, UCLA, Washington

COMMITTED TO UCLA

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

per Scout: As junior at Corona (Calif.), Jordon James ran for 1,135 yards in five games before suffering a season-ending injury. Named First Team All-League and Honorable Mention All-County. James also plays baseball and runs track (10.6 100m, 22.0 200m, 22’ LJ). He plans on only playing football in college. James says he can bench 335-pounds, squat 450 and claims a 39-inch vertical jump.

i saw that, wonder why USC has not already signed him? he sounds like a truck with speed!

Maybe because they got plenty already? :dunno

USC landed its third running back commitment of the year when Trajuan Briggs (Van Nuys, Calif./ Birmingham) chose the Trojans over the Cal Bears.

i saw that, wonder why USC has not already signed him? he sounds like a truck with speed!

Maybe because they got plenty already? :dunno

USC landed its third running back commitment of the year when Trajuan Briggs (Van Nuys, Calif./ Birmingham) chose the Trojans over the Cal Bears.

I might have chosen Cal but it's a tough call. Yes USC is USC and you know you'll play for a top team. But also at USC a total stud rb can go there and only get 50yds a game because they are so loaded and do rb by committee. Cal is widely considered the best state college in the country and they like to run the rock, their rb's really produce.

I would assume USC is done at rb now, three is a lot for a class. Wish their class was more full, like Texas, so we wouldn't have to worry about them as much for other positions.

If we take a RB in this class, which I think one minimum a year is a must, we will be very selective and should only choose from an elite few. Saying this, Jordan James would be in my elite few and my favorite and possibly most possible to snag. The kid has the makings of a stud.

I read something that he said like "I like how Miami has the most academic all americans tht went to their school and idk much about NU yet" Am i missing something there?

All the more reason to get him to NU to disprove the UM rhetoric he is getting.

40 inch vert, 4.37 forty, 335 bench max... this guy is a FREAK or these numbers were stretched a little bit?

rivals lists him with a 4.1 shuttle too... i think he just moved to the top of my wish list

"Notre Dame offered me," James said. "To be honest, I don't know a lot about them but I'm very interested in them. Distance for me will play no role at all and I definitely want to check them out and learn more about the school.

"My coach told me that Oklahoma wants me to call them tomorrow and said they could be offering as well. That's another school I like a lot and I'm anxious to find out more about. Things are going great right now and I'm excited to take my official visits and play this out."

Although it's early, James said he has a good idea of what five schools he wants to take visits to in the fall.

"My list could change, but right now, my five visits would be to Arizona, Notre Dame, Florida, Stanford and if they offer, Oklahoma," James said. "I'll also take unofficial visits to UCLA and Cal since they're both in-state schools. That's my top seven right now.

"Like I said, distance will not play a role, I'll go wherever the best fit for me is. I'm just looking for the school where I'll fit in well with the offense, where I can play early and where I'll be comfortable for the next four years of my life."

This was reported on another blog (link). The link also has some more information on him.

Also here are some clips video clips

ESPNU 150 Watch List ball-carrier Jordon James has (Corona, Calif.) set up four of his official visits and is still keeping things open for that 5th and final visit, ESPN's Greg Biggins reports.

James said he'll visit Florida (Sept. 19), Notre Dame (Oct. 17), Arizona (Nov. 7) and UCLA (Nov. 21).

"That 5th trip could be a few schools but I haven't decided yet," James said. "I like Washington, Tennessee and a few others but I do want to take all five visits if I can."

Jordon James (Corona, Calif.) took his first official visit to Washington over the weekend and had nothing but positive things to say about his time in Seattle.

The Under Armour All-American is a national recruit and one of the best running backs in the country.

"It was a good visit, I really enjoyed myself there," James said. "The campus is great, it's a beautiful place and the city of Seattle fits me well because it's so laid back and I was real comfortable there.

"Keith Price was my host and he was cool, I got along well with the all the players there actually. Overall, I thought it was a great visit and I can definitely see myself at Washington for the next four years of my life."

James' next visit will be to Cal (Oct. 3) followed by Notre Dame (Oct. 17). In November he will visit Arizona and UCLA.

He'll announce his college choice at the Under Armour All-American game January 2.

James hopped on a plane and headed to Berkeley. He had previously visited Washington.

"I loved it there," James said. "There was around 11-12 recruits all visiting and it was a fun atmosphere. When I got there Saturday, we all waited around a little for everyone to show up and then headed over to the stadium. We met the coaches and were on the field for the walk through before we went up in the stands to take our seats.

"It was different than Washington because on my official visit to UW, we sat in the student section. At Cal, we sat across from the students in the regular section and a lot of the fans there were yelling at us to take our seats because they couldn't see since we were a little late getting up there. It was weird, some of the fans were just plain rude to us and we had a lot of the USC fans sitting in our section too so that part was a lot different than my other visit."

"Overall, I had a great time and I'm definitely considering Cal. Both of my trips so far were pretty comparable. There wasn't one school where I felt more comfortable at or felt was one the better fit. I think I fit in well at both. Now I just need to take my last three visits and find the best place for me."

James will officially visit Notre Dame in two weeks and then take November visits to Arizona and UCLA.