DT Elliot Porter

Player: Elliot Porter

Hometown: Waggaman, LA

Position: DT

Height: 6'4"

Weight: 280 lbs.

40 time: 5.42

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Florida International, Florida State, Louisiana-Laf., Louisiana-Monroe, Louisiana Tech, LSU, Mississippi State, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Southern Miss, Stanford, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UCF

Favorites: Florida State, LSU

COMMITTED TO LSU

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“I just really like the tradition at LSU,” Elliot Porter said. “They have the best of the best there and they won the national championship not long ago. I’d like to get there and help them win another one.” Although Porter admits that LSU is in the lead, he’s not yet labeled them a lock. “That’s still the only school I’ve been to. I need to visit some of the others I’m looking at before...”

ESPN grade of 79

Porter is a defensive tackle prospect who displays the ability to be disruptive in the trenches. He has good size. He could stand to add some bulk, but with his frame it would seem he could easily play in the 290-300 pound range. He gets off the ball well. He can be tough versus the run and is physical at the point of attack. Comes out of his stance and stays in a pretty good football position when engaging a blocker to maximize power. Does a good job with his hands and can create separation and shed. Does a good job of reading blocks and getting hands on blockers. Flashes the ability to get into the backfield and stay square and make a play on the ball. He displays a good motor and pursues to the ball and while he does not have great speed he can offer some support on the perimeter when he hustles. Displays adequate short-area change-of-direction skills. He is a solid tackler, but can over-run the play at times. As a pass rusher he will work to be active with his hands to try and club or rip by. He comes across as a kid who is active as a pass rusher and can supply pressure. Porter has some tools which should allow him to be a tough defender in the trenches. He has good size and a physical nature and displays a solid understanding of how to play the position and is a good prospect.

Link

• 2 weeks later...