CB Toney Hurd Jr.

Player: Toney Hurd Jr.

Hometown: Missouri City, TX

Position: CB

Height: 5'9"

Weight: 184 lbs

40 time: 4.48

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Auburn, Baylor, Cal, Colorado, Florida State, Kansas, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Oregon, Oregon State, Tennessee, Texas A&M

Favorites: Cal, Oregon, Texas A&M

COMMITTED TO TEXAS A&M

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

per Scout: By this point in his recruitment, Tony Hurd is no stranger to LSU fans. The junior has taken in Baton Rouge on a number of occasions, verbally expressing the Tigers as one of the top teams to beat for his services. On Monday, the Bayou Bengals traveled to the Lone Star State to watch the nation’s No. 16 ranked cornerback at work.

• 5 weeks later...

Sources indicate that Under Armour All-American Toney Hurd Jr. (Missouri City, Texas/Marshall) indeed did work out for the LSU coaching staff and secondary coach Ron Cooper, while he was in Baton Rouge for the Tigers' prospect camp recently. Hurd said earlier this week that a hip injury kept him sidelined during the camp, but meant to say it may have had an impact on his showing.

LSU has not offered Hurd and he hopes to return to Baton Rouge and workout during one of the camp sessions in July. He also plans to visit Auburn and Tennessee unofficially and said that Oklahoma State and Texas A&M are also coming at him hard.

• 1 month later...

Texas cornerback Toney Hurd is puzzled as to why LSU hasn’t offered yet. “I went to there camp and had a great showing,” Hurd said of his experience in Baton Rouge. “I was ballin’ and doing what I do best. I really thought I’d be getting one. I even talked to coach Ron Cooper and we talked about how I did and he said I did great and that they’ll be looking at me. That was it...”

• 3 weeks later...

Under Armour All-American cornerback Toney Hurd, Jr., (Missouri City, Texas/Marshall) is getting ready for his season and is getting ready to plan official visits.

"I want to start to get into my season and then wait to take at least two or three visits before I start to narrow it down," Hurd said. "California offered me and I would like to get out there because I have never been out there. I also would like to visit Tennessee and see what Knoxville is like."

Hurd said the Vols and Golden Bears, along with Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame and Oregon all continue to recruit him.

"There are others, too, but those are the ones that are after me the hardest off the top of my head," he said.

Hurd also has some things he's going to be looking at closely when he goes to make his final decision.

"I want to go to a school where the coaching staff is going to be honest with you," Hurd said. "I have talked to a lot of coaches so far and they all tell you different things. I also will be looking at the depth chart and would like the opportunity to compete for a starting job as a freshman. I will also be paying attention to the communication on the team as a whole."

Under Armour All-American cornerback Toney Hurd, Jr., (Missouri City, Texas/Marshall) is getting ready for his season and is getting ready to plan official visits.

"I want to start to get into my season and then wait to take at least two or three visits before I start to narrow it down," Hurd said. "California offered me and I would like to get out there because I have never been out there. I also would like to visit Tennessee and see what Knoxville is like."

Hurd said the Vols and Golden Bears, along with Texas A&M, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Notre Dame and Oregon all continue to recruit him.

"There are others, too, but those are the ones that are after me the hardest off the top of my head," he said.

Hurd also has some things he's going to be looking at closely when he goes to make his final decision.

"I want to go to a school where the coaching staff is going to be honest with you," Hurd said. "I have talked to a lot of coaches so far and they all tell you different things. I also will be looking at the depth chart and would like the opportunity to compete for a starting job as a freshman. I will also be paying attention to the communication on the team as a whole."

I think we can help him there.

• 3 weeks later...

ESPNU 150 cornerback Toney Hurd Jr. (Missouri City, Texas/Marshall) is slated to officially visit Notre Dame this weekend for the Irish's contest against Michigan State, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports. It will be his first visit to South Bend, Ind.

Hurd's mother has instructed him to refrain from publicly naming any favorites until he has taken some visits.

Under Armour All-American CB Toney Hurd (Missouri City, Texas/Thurgood Marshall) made his first official visit last weekend to Notre Dame. The Fighting Irish took full advantage of their opportunity and impressed the four-star defender.

"The visit went really well," Hurd said. "Going into the visit, I wasn't expecting much, but I came away with a new respect for Notre Dame. I talked to the defensive backs coach (Corwin Brown) and he said with my range I could play safety and with my coverage ability I could play in nickel and dime,"

Because of a string of Saturday games for Marshall High, setting up official visits is a tough chore for Hurd.

"As of right now, I don't have any other visits set up. We play on Saturday a lot, so it's hard to schedule visits. I would say Florida State, Ohio State and maybe even Cal or Auburn are schools I would like to visit. I'm still considering any school that has interest in me. The best school for me is going to offer me a combination of academics and athletics. I want to depend on my academics and not football." said Hurd, who has more than 20 offers.

Hurd plans to major in mechanical engineering. He has taken unofficial visits to Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, LSU and Alabama, among others.

• 3 weeks later...