QB Sean Robinson

Player: Sean Robinson

Hometown: Rochester, IL

Position: QB

Height: 6'5"

Weight: 205 lbs.

40 time: 4.55

Visit Date: 6/05

Scholarships: Air Force, Ball State, Boston College, Central Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Louisville, Nebraska, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Stanford, Syracuse, Toledo, Vanderbilt, Washington State, Wisconsin

Favorites: Boston College, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisville, Nebraska, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Purdue, Stanford, Syracuse, Vanderbilt, Washington State, Wisconsin

COMMITTED TO PURDUE

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

per Scout: In his standout junior year, Robinson ran for 1,071 yards and passed for 1,523, with 24 total touchdowns.

“I’m definitely a dual-threat quarterback,” Robinson said. “That’s where I’m listed and that’s what I am. The running game is my strong suit. I’m not going to lie: that is what I love to do. But I ‘m also 100 percent confident in my throwing abilities and don’t think twice about that at all.”

per Scout: In his standout junior year, Robinson ran for 1,071 yards and passed for 1,523, with 24 total touchdowns.

“I’m definitely a dual-threat quarterback,” Robinson said. “That’s where I’m listed and that’s what I am. The running game is my strong suit. I’m not going to lie: that is what I love to do. But I ‘m also 100 percent confident in my throwing abilities and don’t think twice about that at all.”

If we have a chance with him, I my have to go down and watch him this fall as I'll be in the area.

Evidently he's an LSU and Bo fan. A friend of the family worked with Bo at LSU. Also, his coach has a good relationship with Watson. Watson went out there and watched the kid in-person some. He's planning on doing an unofficial in the next couple weeks. Sounds like he's pretty interested.

does this tighten the screws on Gabbert? I have a feeling it will. Wats really liked what he saw from Robinson in person. it's a win win situation if we get either one of these guys. Robinson has a great deal of respect for the coaches (namely HCBP) and one of the deciding factors to where he commits is the coaching staff and the integrity they have.

Hold on tight, the recruiting roller coaster is just starting...

does this tighten the screws on Gabbert? I have a feeling it will. Wats really liked what he saw from Robinson in person. it's a win win situation if we get either one of these guys. Robinson has a great deal of respect for the coaches (namely HCBP) and one of the deciding factors to where he commits is the coaching staff and the integrity they have.

Hold on tight, the recruiting roller coaster is just starting...

It seems that is pretty much what it is. Wats saw film on Robinson and fell in love. His interest in genuine and so is Robinson's.

However, it also pretty much tells Gabbert to crap or get off the pot, so to speak.

Here's a video of him I found on MaxPreps:

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/maxprepst...bd-e146e21496d1

He looks fast, not much footage of him throwing the ball though.

Holy chit - yes, he does look fast! I think I'd take still take Gabbert at the QB spot, and get this Robinson kid in as an ATH, with an opportunity to try as a QB. If he can win a spot as a QB, then even better.

I was on the Gabbert bandwagon, but I have switched. This kid has a much bigger upside than little Gabbert IMO. I think I wanted Gabbert mainly to piss off Mizzou.

Haha, I wish we could see more of Robinson passing, Gabbert looks like a pretty polished passer, I think Dallas Loyd has them topped overall though

I was on the Gabbert bandwagon, but I have switched. This kid has a much bigger upside than little Gabbert IMO. I think I wanted Gabbert mainly to piss off Mizzou.

Haha, I wish we could see more of Robinson passing, Gabbert looks like a pretty polished passer, I think Dallas Loyd has them topped overall though

That is the thing on Robinson, last year was his first at QB. His upside is huge, but he is really raw. I would love to take 2 QB's, but the scholly crunch all but prevents that.