QB Sean Robinson

ESPN Evaluation

This kid is a really impressive and intriguing prospect and at first glance it would be easy to assume he is your big, prototypical pocket passer. However, Robinson is anything but that. Yes, he has terrific size and bulk and still has more room to fill out his frame, but this is an athletic spread offense quarterback that is possesses a big arm and unique athleticism to improvise and create plays with his legs. This is a player at this stage that is at his best as a runner and supplements his creative style with just enough prowess and upside in the passing game to be a dangerous dual-threat. Is well versed in the zone read out of the shotgun. Is a tough, physical runner that not only possesses very good speed for the position given his size, but shows deceptive elusiveness and change-of-direction skills. He is capable of making you miss in the open field, but also running right through would be tacklers, lowering his shoulder and fighting for extra yards. He is a very competitive player that displays some playmaking ability and leadership. He is easy to be impressed with because he takes command of the offense and seems to want the ball in his hands in critical situations. As a passer, Robinson possesses quality arm strength and the size to see the field and develop as a passer from within the pocket. He seems most comfortable at this time working out of the shotgun, improvising and throwing when on the move. Rolls to his right and left and generates good power when he squares his shoulders and transfers his weight attacking his target. Also has enough zip and arm strength to throw when off balance as well as across his body when on the move and looking to create a second passing chance. However, Robinson due to being counted on to make plays with his legs probably has developed as a fast as a true passer and he could be a very good one in time. He must continue to work on developing timing and setting his feet consistently. Looks to run too early at times. Delivery mechanics can be a bit deliberate and he will cup the ball with his palm some and wind-up just a bit. Could stand to tighten up his delivery and become a more efficient player with his release. Robinson due to his size and style is a Tim Tebow-like prospect in terms of physical prowess and playmaking ability and has a high ceiling for development in our opinion.

Per HI:

It was 'one of a kind'

by Rick Shaw

Rochester (Ill.) quarterback Sean Robinson was in Lincoln on Friday touring the University of Nebraska campus. Though he learned, while on his visit, that Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West signal caller Tyler Gabbert had delivered a pledge to the ‘Big Red’ staff, Robinson was not dissuaded. He said that the Huskers still rank high on his list.

Per HI:

It was 'one of a kind'

by Rick Shaw

Rochester (Ill.) quarterback Sean Robinson was in Lincoln on Friday touring the University of Nebraska campus. Though he learned, while on his visit, that Ballwin (Mo.) Parkway West signal caller Tyler Gabbert had delivered a pledge to the ‘Big Red’ staff, Robinson was not dissuaded. He said that the Huskers still rank high on his list.

Thats pretty sweet and thanks for the info. Sounds like this kid isn't afraid of anything and might have something to prove.

I'd be interested to know what they're telling him now. I would think he's now being recruited as an athlete/qb like Taylor Martinez. Give him a shot at qb, if he makes it great, if he doesn't we'll find another spot for him.

I agree. With Robinson's size and speed he could probably play a number of spots.

I'd be interested to know what they're telling him now. I would think he's now being recruited as an athlete/qb like Taylor Martinez. Give him a shot at qb, if he makes it great, if he doesn't we'll find another spot for him.

I agree. With Robinson's size and speed he could probably play a number of spots.

put a few pounds on him and he could be a great TE prospect if QB didnt work out

put a few pounds on him and he could be a great TE prospect if QB didnt work out

That would make about 20 TE's that could play in almost any program!!!! Thus the secret to the turn around plan is revealed at last! There is no way any single defense could cover that many TE's at once!......wait a minute <_<

from LJS:

Would NU take 2 QBs?

Some interesting comments from Sean Robinson, the quarterback out of Rochester, Ill., who visited the campus in the days that followed the commitment of Tyler Gabbert.

Robinson told Scout.com that despite Gabbert's commitment, NU is "definitely still in the picture, that commitment doesn't change anything at all. Competition doesn't bother me at all."

It might seem unusual for a program to take two quarterbacks in one recruiting class, especially after picking up Cody Green in the last recruiting cycle. But if you really like two guys, who knows.

Asked by Scout if Husker coaches talked to him about being open to playing another position, Robinson said: "They haven't really mentioned it to me, but I think they know I would play another position. I'm really a QB at heart, but I'd be open to playing another position. I'll call them back in a few weeks and see then."

The 6-foot-4, 205-pound Robinson is rated a three-star player by Rivals.com and Scout. But analysts seem to think he has a high ceiling for development. Definitely an interesting prospect with a lot of parties interested in his abilities.

per Rivals: Sean Robinson will camp at Notre Dame later this month with a chance to land a scholarship offer. The Midwest quarterback is a bit surprised the Irish have come back his way, but he's ready to impress.

I think this is a part of the Montana commitment domino effect. ND is fighting Ohio State for Hendrix and if ND loses on that, I think they put full court press on Robinson.

Rochester (Ill.) three star ranked dual threat quarterback prospect Sean Robinson (6-foot-5, 205 pounds) decided to make a quiet, unannounced unofficial visit to the University of Illinois on Tuesday morning.

Interesting.. Heard rumors that ND was interested.. :dunno

oh they are...He's camping there later this month.