QB Sean Robinson

Rochester (Ill.) three star ranked dual threat quarterback prospect Sean Robinson (6-foot-5, 205 pounds) decided to make a quiet, unannounced unofficial visit to the University of Illinois on Tuesday morning.

Interesting. Another teyam that has another good young QB. I wonder if he wants to play QB?

Rochester (Ill.) three star ranked dual threat quarterback prospect Sean Robinson (6-foot-5, 205 pounds) decided to make a quiet, unannounced unofficial visit to the University of Illinois on Tuesday morning.

I don't think that's much of a big deal, honestly. It's a short drive. I think he would do well in Illinois' system, though. I'd love to see him in Blue and Orange, considering the Illini have always been #2 in my heart behind the Huskers. Kind of like last year, we figured we'd get Green or Scheelhase (sp?). Whichever we didn't get, I wanted to go to the Illini, and that ended up happening.

We are still in this

JUNE 21, 2009. PREP STAR

SEAN ROBINSON, QB, 6-5, 205, 4.6, ROCHESTER, ILLINOIS

“I haven’t narrowed it down. All the smaller schools I’ve kind of weeded thru, but the Big 12, Big 10 all those schools are still in it.” Robinson said

Nebraska’s Offer Still OnThe Table

“Nebraska is still in it,” says Robinson, “They are still recruiting me. I was there the other day when that kid (Gabbert) got in there. So I sat down with Bo that day and talked about it and my offer is still on the table.” Robinson said

“Nebraska is still recruiting me as a quarterback. We talked about it (other positions), but my offer as a quarterback is where it stands. Coach Sean Watson is my recruiter I talk to him quite a bit.” Robinson said

“Nebraska is the real deal,” Robinson said, “It’s a football state, they love it up there. I like the coaches, facilities and the stadium is unbelievable. It’s really a cool place.”

Northwestern Staff Loyal

“I like Northwestern their coaching staff is awesome. All the coaches are loyal people and they are right there for the right reasons. I really liked it up there a lot.” Robinson said

“Northwestern has offered me as a wide receiver. That’s why I’m going to throw up there soon to see if they like me as a quarterback. I would love to play quarterback but I’m looking to play college football where ever that is.” Robinson added

“I like Purdue,” says Robinson, “Coach Nord the new offensive coordinator sat down with me and I liked him a lot. I learned a lot of good stuff from him. Purdue has good tradition and they play some good football. Their facilities are pretty good everything is big. It was nice.”

High Marks For Iowa

“Iowa is also nice. The stadium is awesome it holds about 80 thousand. It’s a pretty cool place. The weight room is nice. I know they have Coach Doyle (strength and conditioning) up there. Coach Ferentz is a great coach too he’s up there with Joe Paterno and soon to be one and he’s a real cool guy, it’s about good as it gets”.

“I don’t have an offer from Notre Dame,” says Robinson, “I’m going June 27 for a 7 on 7 camp. They want to see me throw before they offer. They (Notre Dame) have a quarterback commit but they want to take another one. We’ll see what happens.”

Notre Dame Might Offer

“I do like Notre Dame. I’ve been up there every year since my freshman year. I played in their stadium my sophomore year for the 7 on 7 championship game. I was a wide receiver then.” Robinson said

“If Notre Dame offered me they would be up there with the upper group. I really don’t have any standout leaders. I don’t know the coaching staff at Notre Dame that well. It would take time to get to know them.” Robinson

“I’m not sure when I will commit,” Robinson said, “I would like to get it done before the football season. I don’t know if I will take any officials.”

“I want to go to school where I feel comfortable with and a good fit for me and my family. My family doesn’t care where I go but they do have their say.” Robinson said

PLEASE CHECK OUT THESE LINKS!

The first big school that offers him as a QB, will get his sig on the dotted line. IMO

ESPN says he has Tim Tebow play making abilities, but you have to be able to get into the a game to show and work on that kind of talent. Remember Tebow was being groomed for that spot, Nebraska has 4 QB's with the commitment of Gabbert, already trying to be starters. It seems pretty crowded back there already, if Spano is getting ready for fall practice as has been reported. I know you can never have enough good players at QB or any other position, but I think we are loaded up at QB.

Robinson sound like a very good athlete, and could play different positions if he wanted to, but he sounds like his hearts at QB.

GBR!!!

The first big school that offers him as a QB, will get his sig on the dotted line. IMO

ESPN says he has Tim Tebow play making abilities, but you have to be able to get into the a game to show and work on that kind of talent. Remember Tebow was being groomed for that spot, Nebraska has 4 QB's with the commitment of Gabbert, already trying to be starters. It seems pretty crowded back there already, if Spano is getting ready for fall practice as has been reported. I know you can never have enough good players at QB or any other position, but I think we are loaded up at QB.

Robinson sound like a very good athlete, and could play different positions if he wanted to, but he sounds like his hearts at QB.

GBR!!!

I think we still have a chance. If Lee performs, which I think he will, he will be starting for 2010. After that year we are going to lose both Lee and Washington. That leaves us Spano, Green, and Gabbert . If one of them leave because they did not get the starting position we only have 2 QBs.

(I don't think QB is the position for Martinez and he will probably make his way to another position).

What's the deal, Gabbert was supposed to be our only.

Said who?

Well Gabbert was quoted in the OWH, and LJS I think, that he was told by NU's staff he was the #1 target at QB and only QB they would take this year. This was right after he commited a few weeks ago. Funny thing is that in stories about Robinson that came out at the same time since he visited the day after Gabbert, Robinson said the coaches told him about Gabbert commiting and the overall situation yet his offer is still on the table. I am not sure exactly what is going on, but this could very well be like the Martinez situation. Promise the kid a shot at QB with another primary position in mind if Robinson doesn't work out there.

Said who?

Well Gabbert was quoted in the OWH, and LJS I think, that he was told by NU's staff he was the #1 target at QB and only QB they would take this year. This was right after he commited a few weeks ago. Funny thing is that in stories about Robinson that came out at the same time since he visited the day after Gabbert, Robinson said the coaches told him about Gabbert commiting and the overall situation yet his offer is still on the table. I am not sure exactly what is going on, but this could very well be like the Martinez situation. Promise the kid a shot at QB with another primary position in mind if Robinson doesn't work out there.

I don't think that any of the Nebraska coaches would tell a recruit that he's the only one at his position that they're recruiting. Because, if that recruit changes his mind at the last minute it literally screws the school. I mean, I could be wrong though.

As a completely separate issue: How much you want to bet that if Robinson commits to the Huskers he stays at 3 stars...but if he commits to Notre Dame he'll get bumped to 4 stars?

:blink:

Said who?

I don't think that any of the Nebraska coaches would tell a recruit that he's the only one at his position that they're recruiting. Because, if that recruit changes his mind at the last minute it literally screws the school. I mean, I could be wrong though.

As a completely separate issue: How much you want to bet that if Robinson commits to the Huskers he stays at 3 stars...but if he commits to Notre Dame he'll get bumped to 4 stars?

:blink:

That wouldnt be the first time would it! Who are the star bmumpers? ND, UF, UT, USC, OU.

Sucks for him. You know they probably won't offer now... they seem to get one Golden Boy for QB every year and stop there. As it stands RIGHT NOW, I see it coming down to either us (as a QB/ATH, like Martinez) or home state Illinois... but it's just a guess- I'm in no way in the know.

Hmm, looks like Illinois has one QB verbal already though I don't know anything about him. Not sure if Nebraska might not be Robinson's best opportunity (compete at QB and switch if beaten out) as the QB spots are starting run out.