ATH Pat Faulk

Player: Pat Faulk

Hometown: Kerens, TX

Position: ATH

Height: 5'10''

Weight: 170 lbs

40 time: 4.4

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Georgia Tech, Houston, Nebraska, Sam Houston State, SMU, TCU, Utah

Favorites: Arizona, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Houston, Nebraska, North Texas, Sam Houston State, SMU, Stanford, TCU, Utah

COMMITTED TO NAVARRO JUCO

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout:

plays CB and WR

• 1 month later...

It’s something that comes into play, but it’s usually down the list of things that a recruit is looking for in a school. The location card seems to be trump when it comes to Pat Faulk, a very special athlete from Kerens (Texas). Faulk is holding onto five or six offers, but is really only considering the three offers that keep him in the state of Texas right now.

• 2 months later...

• 1 month later...

Video

CC is slightly better right now because of his overall speed, but this guy has better upside. He knows how weave in and out of traffic and has enough juice to take it the distance. I think the staff was high on him early but cooled when he said that he wanted stay close to home. But that did make a push for him in October.

"Things change and for this Texas athlete they has come full-circle with Nebraska. In an August story, this player really wanted to stay closer to home and Nebraska was too far away. Now there might be some thought that getting away from home in central Texas might be a good idea. The Huskers have presented him with a unique opportunity to play on either side of the ball as well."

Holy $hit. Curtis who? If we can land Pat Faulk, Curtis will have done us a favor. I went back and watched Curtis Carter's highlights on youtube and while he is fast, that is about it. I know we need a deep threat, but I will take a guy who can make people miss over someone who is just simply fast any day of the week. And it looks like Faulk is no slow poke himself.

Faulk reminds me of Jeremy Maclin in his highschool clips. Carter reminds me more of Marlon Lucky in that he always tries to get to the edge and all of his big plays come from simply out running people. I could be wrong, but I would love to see us land Faulk over Carter. However, it would be great to land both of them seeing as how Faulk could play RB, WR, QB or DB and probably be great at any of them.

On the first link check out the 2:17 mark. Shades of Eric Crouch's run against Mizzou. I can't imagine how explosive he could be after a few years under Dobson.

The only question I have is this. What classification of Highschool Football does Faulk play in? Does anyone know? That would be the only knock, if he is playing in one of the lower classes.

GO BIG RED!

Holy $hit. Curtis who? If we can land Pat Faulk, Curtis will have done us a favor. I went back and watched Curtis Carter's highlights on youtube and while he is fast, that is about it. I know we need a deep threat, but I will take a guy who can make people miss over someone who is just simply fast any day of the week. And it looks like Faulk is no slow poke himself.

Faulk reminds me of Jeremy Maclin in his highschool clips. Carter reminds me more of Marlon Lucky in that he always tries to get to the edge and all of his big plays come from simply out running people. I could be wrong, but I would love to see us land Faulk over Carter. However, it would be great to land both of them seeing as how Faulk could play RB, WR, QB or DB and probably be great at any of them.

On the first link check out the 2:17 mark. Shades of Eric Crouch's run against Mizzou. I can't imagine how explosive he could be after a few years under Dobson.

The only question I have is this. What classification of Highschool Football does Faulk play in? Does anyone know? That would be the only knock, if he is playing in one of the lower classes.

GO BIG RED!

He's a stud, someone who could be danger in a screen play. He is extremely fluid and you are right his skill sets are far better than someone who relies on speed alone.

Found that Kerens, TX highschool football is in Class 2A. So I guess Faulk might look a little better than he is against lesser talent, but his highlights are very impressive none the less.

Agreed, but his stats for that season are nonetheless impressive.

In 2008, Faulk ran for 2,094 yards and 31 touchdowns adding another 1,534 yards and 14 touchdowns passing.

Ok this is the PERFECT example for what Dylan and I were debating over yesterday. Did this guy pass for a decent amount of yards? Ya, not a ton but quite a few and also ran for a hell of a lot. Would this guy be someone we target as a qb? You'd think not but Turners stats are pretty comparable to Faulks and it looks like we are recruiting him for qb. Like I said yesterday we need to recruit passers who can run, not the other way around. Nonetheless I think this guy would be a perfect addition to our class, a playmaker who can be used a variety of ways. They just need to use those ways.

Stats mean nothing in high school really, you have to get a kid to read D1 offenses and the schemes, and figure out what happens when the bullets fly.

For instance, by all accounts Joe Ganz was ho hum in practice, but when the lights went on, he had "it", on the other had Lee is a practice warrior, but when game day comes he doesn't have it.

Sometimes you can take the best throwing motion or athlete, and he just can't get it done (Jamarcus Russell). Other times you get the unheralded player (Tom Brady) that becomes a star.

I will say this, it's easier to teach throwing mechanics and reading defenses than it is to teach speed, acceleration and elusiveness.