ATH Pat Faulk

Stats mean nothing in high school really, you have to get a kid to read D1 offenses and the schemes, and figure out what happens when the bullets fly.

For instance, by all accounts Joe Ganz was ho hum in practice, but when the lights went on, he had "it", on the other had Lee is a practice warrior, but when game day comes he doesn't have it.

Sometimes you can take the best throwing motion or athlete, and he just can't get it done (Jamarcus Russell). Other times you get the unheralded player (Tom Brady) that becomes a star.

I will say this, it's easier to teach throwing mechanics and reading defenses than it is to teach speed, acceleration and elusiveness.

This is all pretty much true, high school stats often times dont mean a thing. Good post

Ok this is the PERFECT example for what Dylan and I were debating over yesterday. Did this guy pass for a decent amount of yards? Ya, not a ton but quite a few and also ran for a hell of a lot. Would this guy be someone we target as a qb? You'd think not but Turners stats are pretty comparable to Faulks and it looks like we are recruiting him for qb. Like I said yesterday we need to recruit passers who can run, not the other way around. Nonetheless I think this guy would be a perfect addition to our class, a playmaker who can be used a variety of ways. They just need to use those ways.

Think this kid might have been a Plan B for CC

• 1 month later...