CB Joshua Shaw

Player: Joshua Shaw

Hometown: Palmdale, CA

Position: CB

Height: 6'1''

Weight: 180 lbs.

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships: Arizona, Arizona State, Boise State, Cal, Colorado, Colorado State, Florida, Iowa State, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oregon, Oregon State, San Diego State, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Utah, Utah State, Washington, Washington State

Favorites: Florida, LSU, Ohio State, USC

COMMITTED TO FLORIDA

Rivals: :star:star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star:star

per ESPN: Tennessee became the latest school to offer Palmdale (Calif.) defensive back Joshua Shaw and the Vols immediately jumped to the top of his list.

"That's my top choice right now," Shaw said. "They have a legendary coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball. Monte Kiffin would be great to learn from and I know he could prepare me for the next level because he has been there and knows what it takes to get there."

per ESPN: Tennessee became the latest school to offer Palmdale (Calif.) defensive back Joshua Shaw and the Vols immediately jumped to the top of his list.

"That's my top choice right now," Shaw said. "They have a legendary coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball. Monte Kiffin would be great to learn from and I know he could prepare me for the next level because he has been there and knows what it takes to get there."

Yeah, but it is too bad Monte's son is a complete douche bag

Yeah, but it is too bad Monte's son is a complete douche bag

lol, thats funny

Notre Dame has offered.

per ESPN: "They had been hinting an offer was coming for awhile now," Shaw said. "I kept thinking every week that this would be the week I got that offer from them, but now it's finally official.

"I definitely plan to check out Notre Dame and I'm very interested in that program. They have a great combination of academics and athletics and I love their tradition. Cal, Arizona State and Colorado offered me as well so things have really picked up for me in the last few weeks."

Shaw told us earlier in the week Tennessee was his current leader and he's planning to graduate in January, so he can enroll in time for spring ball.

per Scout: Joshua Shaw plans on attending the UCLA camp on June 6 and will also be at the USC Rising Stars camp this summer. “They both are recruiting me, but haven’t offered yet,” Shaw said. “That’s why they aren’t in my top five right now. If they offer, they’ll definitely be up there too.” For now he favors Notre Dame slightly over Tennessee, Washington, Oklahoma and Nebraska.

UCLA has offered.

per ESPN: Shaw said a few days ago he had a top five of Notre Dame, USC, Oklahoma, Washington and Tennessee but with UCLA now offering, they're right in the mix as well.

"Now it's starting to get complicated," Shaw said. "I need to go back and really evaluate all my schools so my list has kind of grown to a top 10. I have Notre Dame, Oklahoma, USC, Tennessee, Washington, UCLA, Cal, Nebraska, Arizona and Colorado."

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio State has offered.

per Scout: “Ohio State just offered me," said Shaw.

The Buckeyes became the 22nd program to offer the four-star Shaw.

"This is a big-time offer," said Shaw. "I am definitely super interested in them. I am going to arrange to get out there this summer. And they are definitely going to get an official visit."

Shaw will next be camping at the USC Rising Stars Camp, this week.

• 1 month later...

per ESPN: Under Armour All-American defensive back Joshua Shaw (Palmdale, Calif.) says he is strongly considering three Big Ten schools.

"I'm a fan of Big Ten football," Shaw said. "I like the three power house teams, Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State."

Shaw has scholarship offers from at least two dozen schools. He has narrowed his list down to the three Big Ten schools as well as USC, UCLA, Washington, LSU, Tennessee, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. All but the Nittany Lions have offered and Shaw feels that offer will soon be on the way.

• 2 weeks later...