CB Joshua Shaw

• 1 month later...

A few weeks ago, Ohio State looked to be in the lead for Under Armour All-American defensive back Joshua Shaw (Palmdale, Calif./Palmdale). After the cornerback visited Florida this past weekend, the gap has been narrowed dramatically.

The Buckeyes have been doing very well with Shaw for some time, but the Gators gave the athlete a lot to think about this past weekend.

"I loved it there and really love the coaches," Shaw said. "I feel so wanted by the staff and especially by coach [urban] Meyer. Out of all the schools recruiting me, coach Meyer is the only head coach that is personally recruiting me and that is huge to me.

"There's always a ton of talent and speed in Florida, so for coach Meyer to take the time to personally recruit me shows how bad they want me. Coach Meyer told me they like my size and feel I could be like Janoris Jenkins and Joe Haden who both started as true freshman. The talk is Joe will come out early for the draft this year so there will be a starting spot open and I could come in and compete for it."

Shaw compared the overall atmosphere at Florida and Ohio State.

"Both places are loud, but Ohio State was louder and more crazy," Shaw said. "Football is just different in Ohio, it's a religion there. The cities are a lot different as well. Gainesville is more of a college town and Columbus is a big city, more like Los Angeles in how big and spread out.

"I spent more time at Ohio State since it was a night game and got to bond with the players more there. Plus I've been there twice. At Florida, I didn't get to spend as much time with the players so I'm thinking about heading back there for an unofficial visit so I can do that.

"Right now, it's very close at the top and I'm going to hold off naming a leader until I take all five of my visits. I'm going to visit Notre Dame, Michigan and Oklahoma. I crossed LSU off my list and I'll take an unofficial visit to USC as well."

• 2 weeks later...

It wasn't that long ago, that Under Armour All-American defensive back Joshua Shaw (Palmdale, Calif./Palmdale) canceled a visit to LSU and was planning to trip to Michigan instead. The talented corner has had a change of heart and will once again visit the Tigers this weekend.

Shaw will take his third official visit of the year this weekend to LSU after earlier visiting Ohio State and Florida.

"I hadn't heard from LSU in awhile so I didn't know if they were still recruiting me," Shaw said. "I've always liked them and they were one of my early favorites but when I didn't hear from them in awhile, I thought maybe they were going in a different direction.

"Then just last week, they contacted me to see if I was still visiting and I said I definitely still wanted to. I wanted to visit Michigan but it was never official, I never had a firm date or anything.

"Right now, I still have Notre Dame and Oklahoma set and I'm going to take another unofficial visit to Florida. I'm going to try and get out there when they play Florida State but if not then, it will be for the Vandy game. I also want to check out Miami. I've always liked the 'U', they have great tradition and I love that swagger."

• 4 weeks later...

After saying he would wait until Christmas to make his decision, Palmdale (Calif.) defensive back Joshua Shaw has had a change of heart. The talented corner will now make his decision next Tuesday (Nov. 17) at his high school.

Shaw is one the elite cornerback prospects nationally and saw his stock skyrocket over the spring/summer. He received scholarship offers from just about every top program in the nation and took official visits to Ohio State, Florida, Notre Dame and LSU.

He also took a September unofficial visit to Washington and has taken multiple unofficial visits to USC and UCLA. He just back in Gainesville this past weekend to check out the Gators one more time.

"I know I was going to wait until Christmas and then go public at the UA Game but I just want to get it over with," Shaw said. "I've done a lot of traveling and I'm pretty tired with the process now so I want end it.

"It's going to be at my high school at 10:00 (PST). I'm not sure if there will be any T.V coverage or not, I think they're working on it but I know next Tuesday, I'll be ready to go and I'm excited to make my decision."

Ohio State was the early leader for Shaw but the Gators made up a lot of ground following his official visit to the Swamp. The fact that Shaw is ready to make his decision so soon after returning from his recent unofficial visit from Gainesville has led to much speculation that Shaw will be a Gator.

"I'm not saying anything right now," Shaw said. "I have some great options and I really enjoyed the whole process. I don't want to narrow it down to two or three or anything, I'm just going to pick one school. Of course I have a school in mind right now but I'm going to take the next week to let everything sink in and then I'll be ready to go."

After saying he would wait until Christmas to make his decision, Palmdale (Calif.) defensive back Joshua Shaw has had a change of heart. The talented corner will now make his decision next Tuesday (Nov. 17) at his high school.

Shaw is one the elite cornerback prospects nationally and saw his stock skyrocket over the spring/summer. He received scholarship offers from just about every top program in the nation and took official visits to Ohio State, Florida, Notre Dame and LSU.

He also took a September unofficial visit to Washington and has taken multiple unofficial visits to USC and UCLA. He just back in Gainesville this past weekend to check out the Gators one more time.

"I know I was going to wait until Christmas and then go public at the UA Game but I just want to get it over with," Shaw said. "I've done a lot of traveling and I'm pretty tired with the process now so I want end it.

"It's going to be at my high school at 10:00 (PST). I'm not sure if there will be any T.V coverage or not, I think they're working on it but I know next Tuesday, I'll be ready to go and I'm excited to make my decision."

Ohio State was the early leader for Shaw but the Gators made up a lot of ground following his official visit to the Swamp. The fact that Shaw is ready to make his decision so soon after returning from his recent unofficial visit from Gainesville has led to much speculation that Shaw will be a Gator.

"I'm not saying anything right now," Shaw said. "I have some great options and I really enjoyed the whole process. I don't want to narrow it down to two or three or anything, I'm just going to pick one school. Of course I have a school in mind right now but I'm going to take the next week to let everything sink in and then I'll be ready to go."

Under Armour All-American defensive back Joshua Shaw (Palmdale, Calif./Palmdale) is set to announce his college choice at 1:00 p.m. EST.

Shaw made official visits to Ohio State, Florida, LSU and Notre Dame. In a text on Monday night, Shaw said his decision is down to USC, LSU, Florida and Ohio State.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound Shaw is the No. 33 prospect in the ESPNU 150 and the No. 3 cornerback.

• 1 month later...

Posted by Greg Biggins

"Man, I'm a Gator," Shaw said. "My phone has been blowing up with calls from everyone but nothing has changed for me. I'm 100 percent committed to Florida and still plan to enroll early there.

"I'm leaving to Orlando today for the Under Armour Game and once the game is over, I'm just going to stay back there and enroll. That has been my plan all along and that's still the plan.

"When I committed to Florida, coach Meyer was a big part of it but not the only reason. I love the school, the players, the city and everything else about it. Coach Meyer is a great coach and I think he's coming back and I can't wait to play for him. Still even when he said he was stepping down, I was still planning on going to Florida. That's going to be my new home and I'm excited about it."