CB Derron Smith

Defensive back recruit Derron Smith and his parents traveled from Banning, Cali. to Lincoln for an official visit this weekend. It left them with the feeling that Nebraska could very well be his college destination when all is said and done.

This weekend? Ouch ... it had to be for something other then the football then.

SheepdogMark

• 1 month later...

“If they offered, I’d definitely consider committing,” said Derron Smith about Washington. “It would be hard not to commit to them. I love the coaches and the program is great. They’re getting better and it just seems like a great place to be. They just keep saying to keep working hard and doing what I’m doing and to stay patient.”

• 4 weeks later...

I dont think he that high on our board. We have Ciante Evans, Joshua Mitchell, Harvey Jackson, and Corey Cooper hopefully(who I think will be N. We sent the house on his in home and he loved every minute of it.). I think we will be done in the 2ndary after that.

I dont think he that high on our board. We have Ciante Evans, Joshua Mitchell, Harvey Jackson, and Corey Cooper hopefully(who I think will be N. We sent the house on his in home and he loved every minute of it.). I think we will be done in the 2ndary after that.

Ya I'd say the ship sailed without him. We aren't taking a third cb in such a small class. Hopefully we are able to close on Cooper and/or Owa to finish the D.

Ya I'd say the ship sailed without him. We aren't taking a third cb in such a small class. Hopefully we are able to close on Cooper and/or Owa to finish the D.

Self delete.

• 2 weeks later...

Derron Smith says that Nevada now leads slightly over San Jose State and Fresno State, but admits that lead exists only because he’s already visited the Wolfpack. “It’s not going to be one thing,” said Smith about his decision. “It’s going to be how comfortable I feel with the coaches, the campus, the city and the players.” Smith will decide after his trip to Fresno State on Jan. 22.

• 3 weeks later...