ATH Harold Mobley

During Mobley's visit during the Okie game, he will also be accompanied by two teammates. WR Austin Hill and CB Joshua Mitchell. From what ive read mobley definitely sounds N! We are recruiting him for DE although he really would rather play WR/TE, but will see how it unfolds, but IMO i dont believe it will take Mobley long to commit.

If Chase Harper doesn't commit is there a chance he will be moved over to TE/WR?

During Mobley's visit during the Okie game, he will also be accompanied by two teammates. WR Austin Hill and CB Joshua Mitchell. From what ive read mobley definitely sounds N! We are recruiting him for DE although he really would rather play WR/TE, but will see how it unfolds, but IMO i dont believe it will take Mobley long to commit.

If Chase Harper doesn't commit is there a chance he will be moved over to TE/WR?

theres always a chance, but I think especially with the depth we have at TE, we really want this guy to be a speed rush end type of player who can get in the backfield quickly. Especially with all of the spread offenses that we are seeing, a guy like this would be a huge pick up. Mobley has always said although he hasnt played much defense he is open to anything, and thinks he can be very productive on the defensive side of the ball.

theres always a chance, but I think especially with the depth we have at TE, we really want this guy to be a speed rush end type of player who can get in the backfield quickly. Especially with all of the spread offenses that we are seeing, a guy like this would be a huge pick up. Mobley has always said although he hasnt played much defense he is open to anything, and thinks he can be very productive on the defensive side of the ball.

If his 4.55 is accurate, he could be great at WR also. I would love to see him as a Rush End though.

If his 4.55 is accurate, he could be great at WR also. I would love to see him as a Rush End though.

I agree, physically and statistically he seems to be the poor man's Ronald Powell. Both can play TE, WR and DE. There are a lot of things he can do and hopefully the staff puts in the best position to succeed, hate for him to end up like Culbert.

Edit: it would be a nice DE group with Mobley, Okuyemi, and Vestal

Nice three-fer there, if we get Mobley has to help our chances with the other two. Hope we can sell Mobley on playing DE. But I'd still take him as a TE/WR.

We need to take anyone we can get where every they want to play.

I don't think we're at that point yet. We have quite a few months until signing day and a good season would help us immensley. Don't worry about it until say December, and if we still only have 4 recruits, then start worrying. The sky is not falling yet chicken little.

"We need to take anyone we can get where every they want to play."

lol...

There is a lot of time, a lot of officials, a lot of guys who could decommit from other teams, a lot of guys who will come on later in the process (developed their senior year), etc...

a lot of variables yet to play out. Lets not get desperate. I know everyone likes to think our coaches aren't recruiting well, but they did a fine job last year, we will do fine this year. They know who they are in on, and who they aren't.

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

“It’s a good team,” Harold Mobley said of Nebraska. “There’s a good chance I’ll go there. They play tough and are all about football there. I like their offense and defense and think they are well-balanced. They are recruiting me mostly for defensive end, but a little tight end too. They say I’ve got the speed and talent to play early." Mobley will officially visit Lincoln on Nov. 6.