ATH Harold Mobley

well to me it doesn't sound like were allowing his commitment.. especially with the commitment of kenny bell coming up. its too bad we have to offer guys like jake cotton...

:facepalm: Really? You think Jake Cotton is the reason the staff MAY not take his commitment? It is about numbers by position. If the staff sees Harold as a TE or DE prospect like everyone thinks, then NU is full. Chase Harper at TE and a multitude of DE prospects have already given verbals. This has nothing to do with Jake.

This may have nothing to do with Jake but other prospects may. Or Jake may greyshirt.

Every recruiting class has different kinds of recruits in it: blue chip guys, strong prospects, solid prospects, "fills a need", projects, etc. Jake I suspect is the kind of prospect that could conceivably fit the "deserves a spot in the class" profile. But that's one spot that is now taken up and can't go to a strong prospect. Especially in a "picky" year like this year, filling too many spots in the class with guys who would have walked on. Imagine if we fill up one of those last spots in the class with Bronson Marsh. That said, it matters less if Jake doesn't actually fill up a spot as some have speculated. I don't remember though...

ANYWAY.

If it's true that Mobley decided to commit, thinks he's committed, but doesn't know there's no spot for him anymore, there could be some really hurt feelings about to come...I hope that isn't the case. A lot of things said, including sign-and-place for Mobley or some NQs...kind of confusing right now.

well to me it doesn't sound like were allowing his commitment.. especially with the commitment of kenny bell coming up. its too bad we have to offer guys like jake cotton...

:facepalm: Really? You think Jake Cotton is the reason the staff MAY not take his commitment? It is about numbers by position. If the staff sees Harold as a TE or DE prospect like everyone thinks, then NU is full. Chase Harper at TE and a multitude of DE prospects have already given verbals. This has nothing to do with Jake.

:yeah

the word is that Harold might have to get to NU by way of Fort Scott Community College.

:yeah

the word is that Harold might have to get to NU by way of Fort Scott Community College.

Ft. Scott is becoming NU's farm team.

Ft. Scott is becoming NU's farm team.

If true then we will be in good position for future Juco players because some of the best in the country come from there.

And we will also completely depleat Kansas State's recruiting base. :)

maybe im not understanding your point. but to me, your helping my point. if we don't offer a scholarship to Jake Cotton, who is a DE prospect, we have a scholarship open for Harold Mobley, a TE/DE prospect. how does my comment not make sense? i'm saying if we left a spot open at DE rather than give it away to a kid that probably walks on anyways, Mobley is ours. he's a good prospect and a team outside the top 25 in recruiting should not be passing up on him.

Regardless I'd like to see him N, even if he has to go through JUCO first. With his size and stats, I could see him fitting into the LB position since we're already stacked at TE and DE. Otherwise WR would be the logical choice on Offense.

He looks like he has D-1 potential. I think Bo could make good use of him somewhere on the field. The kid seems like a baller.

maybe im not understanding your point. but to me, your helping my point. if we don't offer a scholarship to Jake Cotton, who is a DE prospect, we have a scholarship open for Harold Mobley, a TE/DE prospect. how does my comment not make sense? i'm saying if we left a spot open at DE rather than give it away to a kid that probably walks on anyways, Mobley is ours. he's a good prospect and a team outside the top 25 in recruiting should not be passing up on him.

Cotton will probably outgrow DE, he had a ridiculous growth-spurt. I can see him filling-out to the 300lbs mark. I think he'll be a DT or OT in the end.