ATH Harold Mobley

• 1 month later...

“I’m still waiting to see if UCLA offers,” Harold Mobley said. Mobley says they’re interested and will be visiting him at home today. “Coach Wayne Moses has been recruiting me a lot and he’s supposed to come by. They’re still definitely in the mix. They’re supposed to let me know this week if they’ll offer me or not.” Mobley feels there's a 65-70 percent chance he'll choose Nebraska as of now.

“I’m still waiting to see if UCLA offers,” Harold Mobley said. Mobley says they’re interested and will be visiting him at home today. “Coach Wayne Moses has been recruiting me a lot and he’s supposed to come by. They’re still definitely in the mix. They’re supposed to let me know this week if they’ll offer me or not.” Mobley feels there's a 65-70 percent chance he'll choose Nebraska as of now.

Funny, that as of now means he has a zero % chance of having the opportunity. Pretty sure the boat will have sailed shortly.

Looks like he isn't visting until his official visit on November 6th which is........the OU NU game. Hopefully we show up unlike last year.

The OU game last year cost us Lynn. Hope we don't have any ugly ones this year.

I also hope we can sell Mobley on playing DE.

Danimal, as I was re-reading this string ... it made me think about Lynn. Wonder what they kid thought after the OU and now TX game. He's gotta look at our D and think ... wow ... look what I missed out on. He could of been in on the start of something really special. Not that OU won't be a sweet place.

SheepdogMark

Looks like he isn't visting until his official visit on November 6th which is........the OU NU game. Hopefully we show up unlike last year.

The OU game last year cost us Lynn. Hope we don't have any ugly ones this year.

I also hope we can sell Mobley on playing DE.

Danimal, as I was re-reading this string ... it made me think about Lynn. Wonder what they kid thought after the OU and now TX game. He's gotta look at our D and think ... wow ... look what I missed out on. He could of been in on the start of something really special. Not that OU won't be a sweet place.

SheepdogMark

2 things...

1 - although i agree with you that he is thinking, wow what a great defense.....i doubt he's thinking i should have gone to nebraska instead of ou. ou's d is great as well and he will do wonderful things there.

2 - i highly doubt mobley ends up at nebraska because we have no where to put him. we won't take him as a d-end because we have too many already in this class. we won't take him as a TE b/c we have harper and too many TEs (all are good) already on the team. WR is the only position he could play at nebraska but his skill set is more aligned with other positions.

really? Shoot, I thought we were always pretty high on him. Are we looking at him as DE though? Really? Or TE? Both positions seem to be interesting choices given our players and other commitments. Perhaps OLB?

Basically Owa or nothing at this point at DE. We have plenty of quality kids on board there. TE we have Harper and we are well stocked at that position. I dont think his skill set screams OLB either.

I don't know a whole lot about this guy. I kind of forgot about him once harper committed. He sounds athletic, I wonder if he could transition to a WR spot? It would be great to have a beast like this at wide out, I bet he would scare some DB's to death with his size.

I think the main thing for this staff right now is they aren't going to use a scholly, just to for the sake of having extra bodies in the class

• 4 weeks later...