ATH Harold Mobley

If I paid for rivals access I might be kind of disappointed I heard about it here first instead of huskersillustrated.com

Anyway, if this is true, welcome aboard. I really like his size.

I have a theory that Bo is recruiting to counter his defense, because he's shown the rest of the conference how to shut down the spread and knows the copy cats will be out in force soon.

Got my tin foil hat on for that one.

Here was my post from the other thread:

This is a very strange turn of events! To my knowledge we had stopped pursueing him.

Maybe the coaches see him as an oversized wide out??? Maybe they use him like a Jermichael Finley from the Green Bay Packers?

This is a very strange turn of events! To my knowledge we had stopped pursueing him.

Maybe the coaches see him as an oversized wide out??? Maybe they use him like a Jermichael Finley from the Green Bay Packers?

According to my friend (CA-Schnak), they converted him to QB this year and he is a raw talent. A lot of potential. (WR/TE)

Looks like 5 kids from this school are getting scollies, very impressive.

I say TE after a year in the program.

I am confused now, didn't see this one coming.

Sorry, I didn't look hard enough at this list to see this was on here.

Mobley was part of the group of 4 from Roosevelt that came together. Mitchell, Hill, Slavin & Mobley.

Mitchell committed that weekend and now Mobley is in.

http://blogs.pe.com/news/digest/2010/01/ro...ey-to-atte.html

No, I know all of that. I was under the impression we had cooled on him because he seems to project more as a TE or a DE and with all of the DE's they have on board and Harper also on board, I assumed the staff would pass on him. Heck I am pretty sure I read stories on him within the last 45 days or so that he mentions not having a lot of contact at all recently with the staff. I am just surprised and curious to see how the Staff plans on using him.

So you think he projects as a TE huh? I guess his speed (or lack thereof) would suggest that. But I would be shocked if the coaches used up one of the remaining three scholarships (their number, not mine) with a TE. That's one position that is not a need. But I definitely trust our staff and their plan.