a thread about our jerseys

Banning the word from Huskerboard still doesn't deter many from discussing the topic. Lots of mouthbreathers out there...

As for the throwback uni's, I think that'd be a great nod to the tradition of when the sell out streak began. I am sure a bunch of us fans would probably buy one too.

Banning the word from Huskerboard still doesn't deter many from discussing the topic. Lots of mouthbreathers out there...

As for the throwback uni's, I think that'd be a great nod to the tradition of when the sell out streak began. I am sure a bunch of us fans would probably buy one too.

We definitly need a mouthbreather smiley.

I'm right with you DJR.

As for top of wearing blackhirts....

STOP

I am gonna hurl if we have to have that conversation AGAIN.

and you're not even part of the fan base. that's bad.

What's even worse is that I completely agree with Jayhawk on this...

This topic is more of a dead horse than bringing up how terrible the former coach was and yet we continue to... dedhoarse

Instead of a b1ackout or a throwback day . . . how about we do a good ol' fashioned red out? Like they used to do when they'd even have a sponsor hand out t-shirts at the gate so everyone except the visitors is wearing red? I remember the posters from previous red outs. It looks amazing. (I even remember seeing a red out at Memorial Stadium East . . . AKA Notre Dame Stadium.)

Instead of a b1ackout or a throwback day . . . how about we do a good ol' fashioned red out? Like they used to do when they'd even have a sponsor hand out t-shirts at the gate so everyone except the visitors is wearing red? I remember the posters from previous red outs. It looks amazing. (I even remember seeing a red out at Memorial Stadium East . . . AKA Notre Dame Stadium.)

that should go hand in hand with the throwbacks.... and black t-shirts handed out for a B****** when it happens

no black belongs in or around that field. ...

Yeah!

'specially the shoes..Bring back the white shoes of the '80's!

..and the halfshirts

400px-718smiley.png

smiley-buck-teeth-300x300.jpg

well, if we do wear the 1962 throwbacks, black will be part of the uni. as we had black numbers on the helmets.... so really, its a win win(for me)

now, does anyone have a link to email the athletic department?

From Huskers.com

Athletic Department Directory

Nebraska Athletic Department Directory

TO has no public email (Duh)

Marc Boehm - Executive Associate AD

mboehm@huskers.com

Boehm oversees the efforts of several areas within athletics, including marketing, media relations, HuskerVision, facilities and events.

no black belongs in or around that field. ...

Yeah!

'specially the shoes..Bring back the white shoes of the '80's!

..and the halfshirts

400px-718smiley.png

Put a little drool on the chin and I think you nailed it!

:lol:

Finally someone agrees with me on this! I bring up these throw backs in just about every uni thread that pops up. I do prefer this style with the two vertical stripes, but those are pretty close, and they would tie into the 300th sell out as well. I would guess if they went all out, they would have them wear the white helmets with the numbers on them. Which are o.k. but I personally hope to see the Huskers take the field in these again some day.69jlsun.jpg

I think this is a really good idea! And if we all bombarded the Athletic Department, and even the equipment managers with e-mails, we might be able to make this happen. What do you think?

I also found an article about this subject from back in September. It might be worth a read.

I really like those jerseys a lot and I would love to see our team come out with those jersey's in the future.

I can't find a history of our Jerseys anywhere on the internet. I've seen somewhere (I think in a Husker book) on how many times we've changed the style of our jerseys and it show the jerseys in the 60's, 70's, the 83', the 95' and the 01' jerseys and I'm not having much luck.

I love those 70's jerseys with the 2 verticals and sholder stripes but the 62 jerseys are the only ones that would make sense for this omage.

I have to wonder what the cost would be, but it seems the AD could easily recoup with added jersey sells at the book store etc.. Plus the actual game jerseys would probably fetch a pretty penny.

well, if we do wear the 1962 throwbacks, black will be part of the uni. as we had black numbers on the helmets.... so really, its a win win(for me)

now, does anyone have a link to email the athletic department?

From Huskers.com

Athletic Department Directory

Nebraska Athletic Department Directory

TO has no public email (Duh)

Marc Boehm - Executive Associate AD

mboehm@huskers.com

Boehm oversees the efforts of several areas within athletics, including marketing, media relations, HuskerVision, facilities and events.

i sent marc an email, and he replied: "Ditto. The athletic department team is working hard to make this day spectacular. You won’t be disappointed. Thanks. Marc "

i mentioned the "red-out" idea to him too.