a thread about our jerseys

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

our 300th sellout of memorial stadium is on September 26, against Louisiana-Lafayette. i think that would be a great time to show our appreciation for all of the players and fans who've passed through the gates of memorial stadium since 1962.... by having throwback unis(1962 style)

team_left_final.jpg

or we could have a B1ack0ut!!! :)

Throwback unis is a wonderful idea. Keep a tradition alive by recreating the beginnings of that tradition. Besides, there is very little, if any, deviation from the current style. Coach Devaney would most likely smile favorably and perhaps grace us with one of his early 70's signature defensive shutouts. How could that be bad?

As for your B****** comment. I sincerely hope that was said tongue in cheek. The very notion of a B****** sickens me. I have yet to hear a convincing agrument for this ridiculous scheme.

Besides, the throwback could be sold to Coach Pelini and the players with much more ease.

dude predicted a shutout :blink:

• 11 years later...

On 5/28/2009 at 11:26 AM, DJR313 said:

Banning the word from Huskerboard still doesn't deter many from discussing the topic. Lots of mouthbreathers out there...

As for the throwback uni's, I think that'd be a great nod to the tradition of when the sell out streak began. I am sure a bunch of us fans would probably buy one too.

Bump.  Black jerseys still suck.