WR Kenny Stills

It was a fairly quiet week on the official visit front out West. One player who did hit the road was wide receiver Kenny Stills (San Diego, Calif./LaCosta Canyon) who checked out Oklahoma.

Stills has already visited Tennessee, so the trip to Norman was his second visit of the year.

"Man I loved that place, I had a great time," Stills said. "I know some players I was talking with before the visit were saying there isn't much to do in Norman, but it's a lot better than everyone imagines. I would have no problem spending the next four years of my life there and I was very comfortable with everything about the place.

"The environment was great and I loved the people. Everyone I met, from the players, the coaches, the teachers and the fans were all great to be with. Everyone was down to earth and real and I liked that. The offense is explosive and they know how to put it down on people. They spread the ball around and if you're a receiver, how can you not be excited to play in that style of offense?"

Prior to the visit, Stills said Florida was a slight leader, but the Sooners are right at the top as well.

"This just keeps getting harder and harder," Stills said. "Oklahoma did a great job and gave me a lot to think about. I know I'm blessed to have these options so I'm grateful for that but at the same time, this is going to be such a tough call.

"I have my visit to Michigan this coming weekend and then Florida the following weekend. I'll revaluate after that and see about taking a fifth visit or not."

• 3 weeks later...

Four-star WR Kenny Stills (Carlsbad, Calif./La Costa Canyon) visited Florida this past weekend and could be just weeks away from making a decision.

Stills has taken four official visits with the visit to Gainesville following previous visits to Michigan, Oklahoma and Tennessee. Stills had much to say following his first two visits but has wanted to keep things close to the vest after checking out Michigan and Florida.

"I loved both places but I just really want to keep things to myself for now until I actually make my decision," Stills said. "I know a lot of the coaches read what is said out there and then I always have to answer about it later so right now, all I'll say is I loved both Michigan and Florida just like I loved the visits to Tennessee and Oklahoma."

Still said his final six are Cal, UCLA, Oklahoma, Florida, Miami and Michigan. He isn't sure if he'll take his last official visit. If he does, it might be to Miami.

"Miami was here for a home visit yesterday and I also have UCLA, Oklahoma and Michigan coming in this week," he said. "I should be ready to make my decision and our local TV station here in San Diego wants to televise it. So it could be December 11, which is our section championship, or the following week on the 18th. I'll know what I'm doing by then."

• 2 weeks later...