What school is the biggest competition to Nebraska in terms of football recruiting?

Last year I would have to say we went head to head with Kansas or Missouri. This year it seems like we are going head to head a lot with Oklahoma State.

Obviously, Texas and Oklahoma take a lot of the top recruits in the region but there is plenty of talent left and for the purpose of this thread, I say they aren't considered.

Your thoughts??

It's not just Texas and Oklahoma, but the enitre Big XII since the conferences main focus is Texas.

Outside the big 12 it looks like Oregon and in a couple cases Iowa. In the big 12 I would say Mizzou.

i agree with oregon. the last four or five years we have gotten 2 or 3 that were down to us and oregon. too bad they have gotten 4 or 5 of them.

in the big 12 i would say (other than texas) it would have to be missouri.

we need to get to the level that usc is our main competition in recruiting. bring on the star haters.

I think it depends on where the kid is from. For example, if the kid is on the west coast, then Oregon or Arizona/Arizona State seem to be our main competitors. If the kid is in Texas, then the Big 12. If he is in the Midwest, then the Big 12 North and some of the Lil 10. Anything from the Southeast is SEC country.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it depends on where the kid is from. For example, if the kid is on the west coast, then Oregon or Arizona/Arizona State seem to be our main competitors. If the kid is in Texas, then the Big 12. If he is in the Midwest, then the Big 12 North and some of the Lil 10. Anything from the Southeast is SEC country.

:yeah

Outside the big 12 it looks like Oregon and in a couple cases Iowa. In the big 12 I would say Mizzou.

i agree with oregon. the last four or five years we have gotten 2 or 3 that were down to us and oregon. too bad they have gotten 4 or 5 of them.

in the big 12 i would say (other than texas) it would have to be missouri.

we need to get to the level that usc is our main competition in recruiting. bring on the star haters.

2 or 3....and they got 4 or 5...huh? :P

I think it's crucial that we are always in a fight with OU and UT, or we would be irrevelavant in TX, and we can't afford that.

Outside of that, we seem to have lost a step in MO the last few years, but it appears Bo etc are getting that on track.

Iowa also seems to be getting more kids out of Omaha than they ever did pre Cally. It seems like every time Central, Prep or Westside guys are asked about their favorites, the Hawkeyes are getting mentioned way more than in the past.

What if I rephrase the question......the team we run into the most regardless of geography, conference, etc???

What team is our biggest competition? I know we'll compete with USC in Cali, LSU in LA, Florida in FL, etc.

But my question is.....what team do we run into the most? Last year I felt we competed the most with KU and MU, this year is seems to be more Oklahoma State and Texas A&M.......outside of the plenty we offer who are committed to Texas and OU.