husker rob

SIGNED OL Ryne Reeves

He's a Nebraska boy, so I don't know if hype comes with the territory. But if he can block and use good technique, that'll do.

What about Baker Steinkuhler?

Anyone have any info on this guy?

Coach offered after one camp before his junior year. Yeah, I'd say they liked what they saw from this kid. I'm sure you;ll see his name in the recruiting mags next spring.

He's a Nebraska boy, so I don't know if hype comes with the territory. But if he can block and use good technique, that'll do.

What about Baker Steinkuhler?

I think you forgot this :sarcasm

What about Baker Steinkuhler? :sarcasm

I think you forgot this :sarcasm

Psh...I wouldn't forget something like that.. <_<

here is the story from LJS

Dream comes true for 2011 Husker line recruit

If Ryne Reeves can knock down defensive linemen as fast as he accepted that invitation from Bo Pelini on Wednesday, plenty of football glory awaits.

Having just finished his sophomore year at Crete, Reeves showed up to a Husker high school football camp this week just trying to get on the radar screen.

“His biggest hope was just to get his name out there,” said Ryne’s father, John Reeves.

Oh, it’s out there now.

When the camp session ended Wednesday, Pelini wasted no time offering the 6-foot-3, 285-pound offensive lineman a scholarship.

Acceptance of the offer came a second later.

“He’s a Nebraska kid,” John said. “There’s Nebraska and then there’s the No. 2, No. 3 and No. 4 choices.”

Reeves becomes the first commit of the 2011 recruiting class, and as of Wednesday night, was still “pretty shocked” about the whole thing.

“I didn’t expect to get an offer today, but I’m happy I did,” Reeves said.

Now that’s what you call a productive few days at summer camp.

“During the one-on-ones, I went against some of the better defensive linemen and held my own,” Reeves said.

He also plays basketball — where he was the team’s leading scorer last year — and qualified for the state meet this spring in the shot put.

Crete football coach Chuck McGinnis said Reeves can bench press 360 pounds.

“I’ve seen a tremendous work ethic in the weight room from him,” McGinnis said. “Obviously he has some God-given ability, but he really made himself into an outstanding player. He just worked his tail off the last year and a half.”

Reeves said Husker coaches told him they see him as a likely center, possibly a guard.

Whichever position, he can now call himself a Husker recruit.

“It was a dream come true,” he said. “I always wanted to play for Nebraska. Just awesome.”

Briefly

Mason Wald is leaving the Husker football team to attend Samford University, according to Rivals.com.

The sophomore defensive back from Birmingham, Ala., saw action on special teams last year (notching six tackles) but faced an uphill climb on the depth chart for playing time in the secondary.

Between this and the news about TO staying on as AD, the douchebags on BRB probably have their panties in a major twist right now. LOL.

Is that board still around?

Between this and the news about TO staying on as AD, the douchebags on BRB probably have their panties in a major twist right now. LOL.

Is that board still around?

I don't know, I assume so. Or maybe Trainwreck closed it down after her hysterectomy.

A couple of quick notes on Reeves, he's a big kid obviously, but is also an excellent athlete and one who has great technique for his age (his father played OL and coaches OL). IIRC, he also went down to a camp in Texas and was one of the best kids there.

He's the real deal and projects as an interior lineman. Expect to see him ranked highly on a national scale as well.

It said his last name was "Moore"

He's Jay Moore's cousin from Florida. His father played for NU in the 80s. He already has a crapload, 20+ schollys, offered to him and he'll probably end up being like Aaron Green in the 2011 class but as an OL recruit. 5 star material possibly.

Yep it looks like its Tyler Moore a 6'6 280 lbs OL from Fl. As mentioned he already has some big time offers from FSU, Ohio St., Clemson, Michigan and of course NU. I guess the good news is he must have some heavy interest in NU if he is willing to come all the way from Florida for camp.

Aaron Green also has stargold.gif stargold.gif stargold.gif stargold.gif

Aaron is the #1 Texas recruit in 11 per Orangebloods. Bet we see him with the elusive 5th star.

BTW great news on Reeves ranking.

Good start to the year. Also he is on the ESPN 150 watchlist

THis kid is gonna be epic... i thikn he has the heart and spirit of a lion... like he is really hungry and has something to prove... dont know him personall but its just a gut feeling that i have.... seems like a beast and a warrior..... something i didnt nessiarily feel that a. rod of 09 has..... not saying that a. rod sucks balls i think he has A LOT of natural talent but i think this kid has that plus lots and lots of heart....

THis kid is gonna be epic... i thikn he has the heart and spirit of a lion... like he is really hungry and has something to prove... dont know him personall but its just a gut feeling that i have.... seems like a beast and a warrior..... something i didnt nessiarily feel that a. rod of 09 has..... not saying that a. rod sucks balls i think he has A LOT of natural talent but i think this kid has that plus lots and lots of heart....

Why don't you think Rodriguez has heart? Really, it would take more than a gut feeling for me to post something like that.

just named to the scout.com top 100 list and has 4*.

(everyone on the list has 4*)

now if we can land Green and Moore, that will be a great start

Why don't you think Rodriguez has heart? Really, it would take more than a gut feeling for me to post something like that.

no inside info or anything..... i think a. rodriguez will be a beast but i think ryne just will have more of heart.... thats all..... i;m not saying a. rod will be a wuss or anything they both will be EPIC but i'm gonna give ryne the edge when its all said and done... but you know what who really cares cause they are both gonna be KILLING it in a few years...... so i guess its really a moot point

wow stanford has 3 guys already locked up from that list...... :dunno

i used to live right next to (menlo park/palo alto boarder) stanford for 5 years and its a fun school but bay area football gets not a lot of love in my opinion... not a real true college football town... Cal not so much either....

wow stanford has 3 guys already locked up from that list...... :dunno

i used to live right next to (menlo park/palo alto boarder) stanford for 5 years and its a fun school but bay area football gets not a lot of love in my opinion... not a real true college football town... Cal not so much either....

A-ROD, Reeves, Moore, Moody, Qvale... and all the other guys not mentioned its looking pretty good on this side of the balll!!!

HI just reported that Ryne Reeves flew into San Antonio today for the US Army All-American combines.

Other potential Husker prospects there are QB Christian Suntrup and OT Christian Westerman.

I have a feeling Ryne will be in Westerman's ear this week about coming to Nebraska with him.

Bring 'em over to the Red side, Ryne. :lol:

According to HI, Ryne keeps in touch with Tyler Moore regularly. He's also planning to start up regular communication with Christian Westerman too since they're at AAA combines together this week. He's also looking forward to talking with Aaron Green this week as well. Green is also at the AAA combines with his brother, current Husker Andrew Green and his father.

Gotta love Ryne for this. He's on his own recruiting trail. :lol:

Also forgot to add that Ryne measured in at 6'2.5", 295lbs. today.

According to HI, Ryne keeps in touch with Tyler Moore regularly. He's also planning to start up regular communication with Christian Westerman too since they're at AAA combines together this week. He's also looking forward to talking with Aaron Green this week as well. Green is also at the AAA combines with his brother, current Husker Andrew Green and his father.

Gotta love Ryne for this. He's on his own recruiting trail. :lol:

Also forgot to add that Ryne measured in at 6'2.5", 295lbs. today.

Perfect for center!!!