SIGNED OL Ryne Reeves

• 1 month later...

I've known Ryne since I coached his 8 & under baseball team 10 years or so ago. I could tell back then that if he got as big as I expected, he'd be a major D-1 football player. He's got great feet and he's actually pretty nimble for his size. He finishes blocks better than anyone I've seen in years of watching Nebraska high school football. Considering he played his senior season with two bum shoulders and went both ways the entire season his toughness is unquestionable. Add to the fact that Ryne is a great young man and a gold honor roll student.

I expect big things out of Ryne Reeves in the future as a Husker.

I've known Ryne since I coached his 8 & under baseball team 10 years or so ago. I could tell back then that if he got as big as I expected, he'd be a major D-1 football player. He's got great feet and he's actually pretty nimble for his size. He finishes blocks better than anyone I've seen in years of watching Nebraska high school football. Considering he played his senior season with two bum shoulders and went both ways the entire season his toughness is unquestionable. Add to the fact that Ryne is a great young man and a gold honor roll student.

I expect big things out of Ryne Reeves in the future as a Husker.

Not to put pressure on him or anything ;) but if the kid can find a way to replicate the kind of success that Dave Rimington and Dean Steinkuhler had as fellow native Nebraskans who dominated the OL as Huskers, then he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.