SIGNED OL Ryne Reeves

good job Ryne!!!

i take it he will be the # 1 player from nebraska for this years crop of recruits

:worship:worship

That's what it's looking like. Is Fisher #2 right now or is the race for 2nd best in Neb wide open?

If Fisher hadn't blown his knee I think he'd be #2, now it's hard to say. Him, Sterup, and Lampkin have received BCS-offers. Davie from Beatrice could also get himself in the mix.

Nebraska HS 2011 recruits according to Tha Ringer

1. Ryne Reeves

6'3", 285 / C / Crete

Committed to Nebraska

Early Projected Ranking: 5.8/:star :star :star :star

2. Cole Fisher

6'3", 190 / OLB / Millard North

Early Projected Ranking: 5.8/:star :star :star :star

3. Damond Parker

6'2", 290 / DT / Millard North

Early Projected Ranking: 5.7/:star :star :star

4. Ted Lampkin

5'7", 165 / ATH / Omaha Central

5. Travis Green

6'0", 190 / S / Omaha North

6. Ryan Randall

6'0", 195 / RB / Blair

7. Jimmie Forsythe

5'11", 185 / QB / Burke

Early Projected Ranking: 5.6/:star :star :star

8. Will Sailors

6'4", 240 / OL / Northeast

9. Derrius Vick

6'2", 180 / QB / Southeast

10. Quentin Urban

5'11", 185 / S / Millard South

Early Projected Ranking: 5.5/:star :star :star

11. Devin Bass

5'10", 170 / CB / Millard North

12. Eddie Ridder

6'6", 215 / DE / Mt. Michael Benedictine

13. Chris Long

6'4", 250 / DT / Blair

14. Daniel Davie

6'0", 185 / S / Beatrice

Those stars are very inflated. Ryan Reeves will be the only 4 star. The rest will likely be low 3 stars, maybe one 5.7.

i was wondering that since i've havent heard too much about cole fisher.... or alot of the other higher ups on that list......

I think low three star would be optimistic, unless this a strong in-state class. Otherwise, I would think, going off memory on recent past classes, that after Reeves there'll be a couple (3-4 at most) 3 stars followed by 2 and no stars.

This kind of projection strikes me as similar to some NFL draft projections people throw out there, where a slew of 'bubble' guys who end up being UDFA's are designated as "3rd or 4th round prospect."

I think low three star would be optimistic, unless this a strong in-state class. Otherwise, I would think, going off memory on recent past classes, that after Reeves there'll be a couple (3-4 at most) 3 stars followed by 2 and no stars.

This kind of projection strikes me as similar to some NFL draft projections people throw out there, where a slew of 'bubble' guys who end up being UDFA's are designated as "3rd or 4th round prospect."

well its still a step up overall from last year where we had NO three star guys and went from the 4 star A-Rod on down.... though i know some said tyler evans was deserving of a 3 star in some circles......

having a couple of three stars guys up there is good i just wonder how many we will be recruiting.......

Those stars are very inflated. Ryan Reeves will be the only 4 star. The rest will likely be low 3 stars, maybe one 5.7.

i was wondering that since i've havent heard too much about cole fisher.... or alot of the other higher ups on that list......

Cole Fisher is Sean Fishers brother... supposed to be the most athletic kid in the family (that is saying a lot). The only thing that may drop him to a 5.7 is that he had a knee injury. Currently listed as a 3 :star by scout, which this early in the game means he could easily become a 4 :star or stay right where he is. Offered by Iowa and Kansas so far, but has said he will probably (90%) commit to Nebraska if offered, that is why he isn't getting a ton of interest.

Also Zach Sterup will be up there 6' 8" OT. Already offered by Iowa and Ohio.

Ted Lampkin WR 5'7" 160 but runs a 4.4 (reported, not verrified). Has offers from Ia. State and K State.

A lot of the other guys are getting letters from Nebraska and many other programs, but offers haven't been extended yet. They will. With that being said 5.7 for all those guys is a little high, but we should have more 3 :star talent this year than in the past 5 years or so.

If not for his knee-injury I think Fisher would be getting a lot of love. He'd be a 5.7 3* and have a nice list of offers, now folks are in wait-and-see mode.

Sterup has offers from KU, Iowa, and Wiscy now and will likely get more. He'll get a solid rating, probably a 5.6 3*.

Lampkin has a couple of BCS-offers, he'll probably be a 5.5 3* on rivals.

• 1 month later...