WR Bobby Swigert

Player: Bobby Swigert

Hometown: Louisville, OH

Position: WR

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 175 lbs.

40 time: 4.47

Visit Date: 9/26

Scholarships: Akron, Ball State, Boston College, Bowling Green, Central Michigan, Cincinnati, Colorado, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Nebraska, Miami(OH), Michigan, Ohio, Pittsburgh, Stanford, Syracuse, Toledo, Western Michigan, Wisconsin

Favorites: Boston College, Nebraska, Michigan, Pittsburgh, Stanford

COMMITTED TO BOSTON COLLEGE

Rivals: :star:star:star

Scout: :star:star:star

arts-graphics-2007_1177752a.jpg

he's a heck of a marksman, too.

Hack,

Call of Duty I presume?

Anyway, Bobby is extremely excited about the Huskers offer.

He will be visiting this summer late July.

we view Nebraska as...

A program with a outstanding history.

A program on the unswing with an unlimited upside.

A program with a fan base that is un-matched in College sports.

A prgram with an exceptional coaching staff who know how to prepare young men for life.

A program with a vast number of outstanding educational options.

Kind of hard to beat in my book.

Can anyone share the offense the Huskers will be running?

I assume a move to the spread is in the works?

Impressive - Speed demon/Iron man would look great in red. :)

basselope - you sound like a parent? If so, we kind of have to tread lightly on the topic. But, either way, I think you've nailed it on your impressions. I know we are biased around here, but I honestly believe in all the points you brought up on your view of Nebraska. I think a visit would only cement your view points.

As for your question on the offense, I'll defer to an expert.

Not a parent or guardian, he lives with his parents Dave & Kerry.

However I do share a last name. I am his Uncle.

Impressive - Speed demon/Iron man would look great in red. :)

basselope - you sound like a parent? If so, we kind of have to tread lightly on the topic. But, either way, I think you've nailed it on your impressions. I know we are biased around here, but I honestly believe in all the points you brought up on your view of Nebraska. I think a visit would only cement your view points.

As for your question on the offense, I'll defer to an expert.

Bass

I coach and teach out in Omaha and the new staff at NU has been nothing but kind and supportive with their time towards coaches of all levels. My guess is that they will be the same way with your nephew.

I am not just saying that either, I can tell you that during the 4 years with Callahan at NU, I never met one memeber of that staff. In one year with Bo at the helm I have already met 3 of the coaches on the staff and they have even given up their time to speak at my school about family and faith.

It is honestly more then football with this staff, it is about learning to grow up, learning to overcome, learning to compete, learning to work hard and most importantly learning about family.

I recieve an award recently (please dont think I am trying to brag I am just trying to tell you a story) and Coach Pelini (Carl) made it a point to seek me out at the banquet, shake my hand, say congrats and chat for a few moments. It is not like that is a big deal but he did not have to do that and it was very classy.

we view Nebraska as...

A prgram with an exceptional coaching staff who know how to prepare young men for life.

If you happened to see a, or any, Nebraska games after the loss to Missouri last season, that's what Nebraska will probably run in '09 with the lone difference being an expanded zone read/option package.

Oh and the picture shown above I believe is from the movie "Shooter" with Marky Mark Wahlberg. And for the record I think the character's name in the movie is Swaggert...not Swigert.

arts-graphics-2007_1177752a.jpg

he's a heck of a marksman, too.

Hack,

Call of Duty I presume?

we view Nebraska as...

There will be some spread elements involved. The whole offense sort of evolved last year. We started the year primarily running a pro style/west coast offense. After the Missouri game we cut a bunch of stuff out of the playbook and started building on what was working best. The result is a hybrid West coast spread offense, predicated on short consistent passing and running from the shotgun. we didn't actually run that much qb zone read stuff, but it was in there several times a game to mix things up. I don't think it will ever become our bread and butter though, as it takes a toll on the QB and our methodical passing game really needs that cohesiveness that a distinguished starter gives you.

The other thing to note... Shawn Watson has been an amazing offensive coordinator, and he actually builds the offense around the players strengths. So 3 years for now (if he hasn't landed a major head coaching gig) we could be doing something a little different. I think he will always try and stay fairly balanced though.

The other thing to note... Shawn Watson has been an amazing offensive coordinator, and he actually builds the offense around the players strengths. So 3 years for now (if he hasn't landed a major head coaching gig) we could be doing something a little different. I think he will always try and stay fairly balanced though.

Just what I was about to say (except the part about head-coaching job <_< ). Watson will tailor the offense to the players he has. Last year there was no consistent deep threat (nor a QB to get it there) and that allowed Ds to pack the box against the running game. The adjustment was to spread the field with multiple possession WRs and pass catching TEs. This opened up things inside for the running game and made Ds make a choice. Early on teams kept focused on the run game and Nebraska used a control passing game to get down the field. Later on it seems teams focused on stopping the short passes which opened up things for the running game. (Someone correct me if I'm way off base.)

Now next year, they may decide that the deep passing game will work better with this personnel. Either way the base of the west coast offense (principles, terminology, etc.) will likely remain.

Just what I was about to say (except the part about head-coaching job <_< ). Watson will tailor the offense to the players he has. Last year there was no consistent deep threat (nor a QB to get it there) and that allowed Ds to pack the box against the running game. The adjustment was to spread the field with multiple possession WRs and pass catching TEs. This opened up things inside for the running game and made Ds make a choice. Early on teams kept focused on the run game and Nebraska used a control passing game to get down the field. Later on it seems teams focused on stopping the short passes which opened up things for the running game. (Someone correct me if I'm way off base.)

Now next year, they may decide that the deep passing game will work better with this personnel. Either way the base of the west coast offense (principles, terminology, etc.) will likely remain.

Last year the offense morphed into the WCO out of the Shotgun with Spread elements. The passing routes and base system is still the WCO, it is a unique offense in that manner. Watson has a great ability to adjust as previous posters have said. This year we expect a power run game to return in pieces to the offense. I don't think the team will get away completely from the new Hybrid WCO thing, but certainly should see some more heavy sets and Play Action Pass. We think we will have a very good ground game this year. Hopefully your Nephew's recruiting process is a fun time for him and your family, good luck!

Thanks for the info on the Offense everyone.

Just booked flights for Bobby & his dad to visit Nebraska late July.

Lots to like with this young man, just based on his film.

Nice routes, sells out his body to make the catch, fights for the ball. Once he catches it, he has a nice burst. Reminds me of Nate Swift coming out of h/s. If that works out to be true, I'll take him in a heartbeat.

:woo